"Well mum, She found her way here last night" I said.
Mum stared at me as if she had seen a ghost.
 "O-k-a-y...explain that to me" Mum replied.
 "Mum, her husband almost killed her and the baby last night. While shooting at her, she ran for cover and managed to get to our doorstep, though quite apprehensive, I still managed to open the door when I recognized her voice.  Mum, she was even bleeding from her head" I explained in one breath. Mum immediately suspended scaling the fish and made her way out of the kitchen into the Living room, there was Zainab, attending to her baby.
 Mum rushed towards them with so much empathy.
 "Please dear, Good morning, how are you today? So sorry about last night.
Trishia just told me everything" Mum said.
 "Hmmm, thank you ma. I'm also sorry to have bothered your home but I had no other place in mind" Zainab said shyly.
 "Oh no!! Don't apologize, it's Okay.
Fortunately, today we will be holding a small celebration party for  one of my daughter who just got blessed with children so you are welcome. Just relax and we will see how to handle this issue, okay?" Mum said reassuringly.
 "Thank you ma, I really do appreciate your kind gesture.
 " Meanwhile, I believe Trishia will show you the way to the bathroom.
Let me just see to the other arrangements for the party, excuse me please" Mum said and left us alone. 
  I was quite happy with mum's gesture, at least I wasn't scolded for any reason. I noticed Zainab's baby was really staring and smiling at me.
 "See, Trishia, my baby really likes you, have you considered my request?" Zainab said as she reintroduced the adoption issue.
 At this point, I had my answer prepared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola