Unsure of my response, I began to clear my throat until I got choked up.
"Madam, is everything alright?" The uniformed man enquired.
I tried my best to avoid the 'obvious' answer, considering the fact that this child wasn't mine. I wasn't even sure about her mum's whereabout! So how was I going to pull this dicey situation through. I felt the anticipating eyes of both men as they waited patiently for me to stabilize.
 "I'm fine now, I just need some rest.." I replied nervously and grew short of words again. Then what seem like a miraculous intervention, happened.
Both men picked up their cell phone which kept ringing non stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola