"Okay, there is good news ooo....
Kate, your sister has just been delivered of a set of triplet" My mum said hysterically.
 Immediately, I just threw off my handbag impulsively and screamed with excitement.
 "Mummy! Kate!? Praise God!" I said as I danced all over the place and my mum joined me this time.
 Okay, okay, okay! I'm sure you are still wondering who Kate is? Anyway, she doesn't need any long introduction. Kate is actually my immediate older sister. She had been married for nine years and was believing God for the fruit of the womb so you can imagine our joy at this news.
 Kate and her husband had moved from London to the United States after she got a new job as a Lab attendant.
 Now with this news, my mum would be preparing for a visit.
 "Oh mum, God is awesome" I said to my mum.
 "Yes my dear, he is, he has doubled our joy. Your dad has instructed that we hold a small reception for friends and family this weekend" My mum said.
 "Wow! That's not a bad idea at all" I responded.
 "So, you can invite Some of your friends. Let me have the list before the end of tomorrow, okay?"
 "Okay mum"
My mum soon headed for her room as she staggered sleepily through her documents. Suddenly she stopped and turned to me.
 "Oh, Trishia, before I forget, Victor was here. He dropped something on the dining table for you, it's still there." My mum said before she finally left.
I wondered what it could be.
 "Okay mum, thanks" I responded quickly.
By this time, I was feeling too excited and sleepy at the same time but I guess my anticipation to know what was on the note Victor had left, got the better part of me.
 I picked up the note and the first thing I noticed was a smiley drawn boldly on its cover.
 I proceeded in reading its content and my reaction afterwards was that of Joy.
 Victor had just enrolled me for a grandslam art course which was to last for a year after which there would be automatic employment to the state's art gallery.
 Immediately I picked up my phone and dialed Victor's number but it was switched off.
That was quite unusual, I had thought to myself.
Victor never switches off his phone...Anyway, first thing the  morning, I had planned to surprise him at home and definitely will make him his favorite dish: 'Yam and pepper soup'!
 It was exactly 9.00am and the sun was already out like it was noon already. I guess the weather man had predicted right.
It was really going to be a sunny day.
 The traffic was indescribable. It had lasted up to an hour, still no movement.
 It was Victor's off day at work so I decided to carry out my surprise visit.
 Well, I was ready to be as patient as possible so long I saw  'My Victor'....
 *     *    *    *   *   *
 I was almost dosing off when I heard a loud bang at the back of my car.
 "Madam...Oya now!!! Move this car jare! abi na for here we go sleep?"
 An angry voice melted out.
Quickly, I moved my car, more out of anxiety to get out of the traffic than a reaction to the voice.
 Minutes later, I was  very close to Victor's house. I was very certain that he would enjoy the 'Yam and fish pepper soup I made, I even went extra mile to add some snail(I actually stole that from mum's store, she actually decided to reserve it for the small thanksgiving party she had planned for the weekend).
 At last I arrived at the house and parked the car as quietly as possible.
 I carefully took the food along and stepped up to the door.
 I noticed the windows were closed thus this indicated that Victor must have still been asleep under the A.C, a habit he was so fond of.
 Regardless, I went ahead to press the door bell. After some few minutes, the door was opened by a young dark brown  lady(probably in her  mid twenties)she stood before me smiling from ear to ear.
  "Good morning"
She voiced out.
Something in me just dropped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola