I paused for a while, pondering on Tina's question. It then occurred to me that maybe I had much more to handle than I thought. How long was Zainab and her baby going to put up with such torture and torment from her husband?
 "Well Tina I guess this is one of those cases mum can handle legally, after all, it's her jurisdiction" I replied.
 Suddenly, there was a knock on the kitchen door.
Tina and I starred at each other, wondering who it could be.
 "Come in" We Chorused.
 It was Kunle! He had himself all soiled with the baby's poo!
[11/5/2015, 3:51 PM] ejiro: Quickly, I took a break from my doughnut once i noticed what Zainab's baby had done and took her away from Kunle.
 "Please, where can I clean up myself?" He asked.
 "Just follow me" I replied as I led him on. Once I had helped him out with the bathroom, I attended to the baby.
 I gave her a cool shower and by the time I was done with powdering her all over, she had fallen asleep.
 Gently, I placed her on my shoulder.
[11/23/2015, 11:42 AM] ejiro: Zainab's baby slept like an angel and as I rocked her side to side, I saw this beautiful smile on her face, I couldn't help but  imagine what quality of life her parents intended to give to her while fighting all the time.
 Perhaps, Zainab's husband needed some check up at the rehab..so I thought.
 Meanwhile, Kunle was still in the bathroom cleaning up so I decided to take the baby to join her mum upstairs while Tina completed the remaining part of the cleaning in the Kitchen.
I got upstairs to my room and gently opened the door in an attempt not to wake up Zainab suddenly.
 To my greatest surprise, Zainab was not in the room!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola