"Trish, are you still with this baby?" Kunle exclaimed.
"Yes, for now, I guess I'll be stopping by the police station after service to lodge a report subsequently.
[L "I suggest we do that before we go for the Thanksgiving. Better now than later" Kunle suggested.
I pondered over what Kunle had suggested and decided to succumb. "Alright Kunle, I guess you have a vital point but we must hurry down before the service ends" I said. "No problem" Kunle replied as he eventually opened the front door and beckoned on me to get inside. He had hardly started the car when a black van parked in front of the car. Two uniformed men stepped out of the car and moved towards our direction. I did not have a good feeling about it at all but still maintained my cool, somehow. Steadily the men walked towards our direction. By the time they reached where we were, there was this unusual smile on their faces. I became quite apprehensive and restless. "Good morning" One of the men said. "Good morning" We chorused. They smiled again, this time around carefully searching the car. I tried to avoid any eye contact while holding the baby firmly to my chest. "Madam, please step out of the car" The second man summoned me. Gently, I came out of the car. With more disdain glance, the uniformed man drew closer to me. "Madam, is this your baby?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola