Not sure how to respond, I still returned a warm smile. Somehow, she had managed to slip down the couch while Zainab was still fast asleep. I had actually wrapped a soft bandage round her forehead the previous night and I noticed that the bleeding had eventually stopped.
 By this time, Zainab's baby was all over me and then I realized she was very hungry.
 Well, not willing to bother Zainab, I took some available cereal from the dining table and prepared some for the baby and I began to feed her.
  Tina had woken up already and I guess she was wondering by now where I would be so she came downstairs.
 "Good morning Trishia, look like we have company.." She said as she stared earnestly at Zainab and her baby.
 "Yea, we sure do. Could you please pass me some water?" I responded.
 Tina joined me in feeding the baby and before long, Zainab was up.
 "Good morning" She greeted.
 "Good morning Zainab and how do you feel today?" I replied.
 Zainab shrouded reluctantly.
 "Well, I really thank you for last night" she added as she stared at her baby.
"No... don't mention. Thank God you and the baby are safe, that's what matters now.
I guess you both need a warm bath right away.." I responded.
 Zainab kept still for a while, like she hardly heard what I had said. I observed her countenance for sometime just to be double sure that I had her attention but she appeared lost. Soon, her baby slept off in my arms.
  "Your baby is asleep already" I said to her while still attempting to get her attention
 "Trishia, I need you to do me a favor" Zainab said suddenly.
 I wondered what that could be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola