Tina handed the note to me. Curiously, everyone stared at the folded note, wondering what it was all about. I hurriedly opened it and what we read was very alarming indeed!          Zainab had left a message indicating the need for her to do what is in the best interest of her baby  by leaving her baby behind! She wrote that she was very sorry but had to take her chance. Zainab also indicated that her husband was bent on killing her and the baby....That was the end of the note. Kunle, Tina and I, stayed silent for a while, like we were all dumb founded.                     "Well, I guess at this point, the police should be alerted" Kunle said as he broke the silence.      In my head, I was like: "Police!!!?" but I still reasoned with Kunle. Of course, nobody wanted to be accused of abducting a baby!     "That can be done after the Thanksgiving service tomorrow" I replied.                       "Okay, at this point, I'll take my leave" Kunle responded swiftly. My reaction to Kunle's statement came to me as a surprise because suddenly, I just felt he should stay. Still, Kunle left that night, leaving Tina and myself behind.                          As I laid on my bed that night, my eyes were fixed on the little baby, wondering how my parents would react to latest development by the next morning...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola