It was exactly 9.00am and the sun was already out like it was noon already. I guess the weather man had predicted right.
It was really going to be a sunny day.
 The traffic was indescribable. It had lasted up to an hour, still no movement.
 It was Victor's off day at work so I decided to carry out my surprise visit.
 Well, I was ready to be as patient as possible so long I saw  'My Victor'....
 *     *    *    *   *   *
 I was almost dosing off when I heard a loud bang at the back of my car.
 "Madam...Oya now!!! Move this car jare! abi na for here we go sleep?"
 An angry voice melted out.
Quickly, I moved my car, more out of anxiety to get out of the traffic than a reaction to the voice.
 Minutes later, I was  very close to Victor's house. I was very certain that he would enjoy the 'Yam and fish pepper soup I made, I even went extra mile to add some snail(I actually stole that from mum's store, she actually decided to reserve it for the small thanksgiving party she had planned for the weekend).
 At last I arrived at the house and parked the car as quietly as possible.
 I carefully took the food along and stepped up to the door.
 I noticed the windows were closed thus this indicated that Victor must have still been asleep under the A.C, a habit he was so fond of.
 Regardless, I went ahead to press the door bell. After some few minutes, the door was opened by a young dark brown  lady(probably in her  mid twenties)she stood before me smiling from ear to ear.
  "Good morning"
She voiced out.
Something in me just dropped.
 Dazing at her, I could tell that she had spent the night.
 "Hellooooo!" She reechoed, more like trying to get my attention and immediately I snapped out of my oblivion.
 ".....and you are?" I asked curiously(of course with the intension of getting a reply).
 She smiled again, this time, even more broadly.
 "Ohhh..I'm Victor's younger sister, Tamela.  Don't you want to come in?" She responded as she gave way for me.
 And with that feeling that appears to be like chilled water poured on one's shoulder, I gladly entered the house.
 "Victor is still sleeping ooo..I made sandwich for him last night but I think the mayonnaise was so much that he started purging so he was awake all night." Tamela said with a dull face.
I almost choked myself with laughter but I still had to control myself.
 ".....are you his fiancé? The one we have been hearing about?" Tamela asked as she threw some carrots in her mouth, chewing rather vividly with reckless abandon. One could tell that she was the care free type but could also see a resemblance between her and Victor.
 "Em....yea..."
 "So, you are Tricia, right?" She interrupted before I could even end my reply..m
 "Yes" I quickly responded. Then, she quickly came over to my seat and hugged me so cosily that I could hardly breathe.
 "At last we meet!" She said excitingly.
 "So when is the wedding bell ringing? What color have you picked?
You know, I am very good with colours ooo...
Is it true that you can draw...?
 Suddenly, Tamela was interrupted by the voice behind her...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola