I and Sade have really come a long way. We attended the same primary and secondary school until her father was transferred out of the country for a peace keeping mission. By this time, he had to take her and her mum together with her siblings, along so for about two years, we never saw each other. Shortly, I gained admission to a very prestigious university where I studied Fine art. I graduated with a first class degree and my parents were so proud of me that they decided to hold a grand reception for me. All my friends were in attendance and to my greatest surprise, Sade showed up. I was so delighted to see her and even more, when she informed me that they had returned home. Our friendship had even grown stronger, hence. Sade had not done badly herself as she had also graduated from one of the African Universities in Economics. Years after, our relationship is still waxing strong. Sade is more of a sister to me and I do not take her opinions lightly. This is one of the reasons it bothers me that she doesn't trust Victor. "Trishia, not that I detest him, there is something I can't just place my head on about this guy" Sade had said to me one evening we had dinner at her place. "..Really? but you know Victor is not the outing type..." I had responded defensively and Sade burst out into laughter😗


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola