Victor had successful made me store Kunle's  number on my phone with the promise that I would follow up on him from time to time. For me, that was the last thing on my mind.
 There was so much to do back home.
 Preparation for Kate's celebration was on top gear, I joined mummy in the kitchen and of course as one would expect, she began her interrogation section.
 "So, Victor will be going away for sometime, ehn?" She probed.
 "Yes mum" I replied.
 "Hmmm, I guess you would miss him considering how long he would be staying" My mum continued.
 "Yea, I will..." I responded candidly.
 "Hmmmmm" mum mumbled. I definitely knew there was more coming.
 "So, any further plans? Like You know..."
Mum pressed on.
 I sure understood what she was driving at but trust me, tagging along this line of discussion, meant forever!
 So tactically, I tried to change the discussion.
 " Mum, don't you think we should invite Tina over to come help with the Doughnuts? You know she is really good at it" I said.
 "Yea, you're right, I had that on my mind as well...em...please get me my phone" Mum said as she Cleaned her hands against her apron.
 Hurriedly, I reached out for the phone and handed it over to her. She put the call through and we continued with the rest items.
 Just when I thought my plot to escape mum's million dollar questions was outrightly successful, then she posed the most unpredictable of them all.
  "Eh ehn Trishia, that reminds me, I've been meaning to ask you, when do both of you actually intend to settle down finally?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola