"em..Kunle just stepped out..but not to worry, the situation is under control. All you need to do now, is relax. That last clause by my mother made me feel very uneasy. I know my parents, they could be very patronizing and when they are like that, something always follow. The Doctor walked in with some prescriptions. "Well, Miss Trishia, I would seriously advise you slow down on everything. You were actually hysterical a while ago, if not controlled, you might completely loose your mind" The Doctor addressed. For all the care in this world, I couldn't be less perturbed as long as the baby was fine. I guess I was just coming to terms that maybe I did not have the heart to let the baby out of my sight.
My heart had become fond of her. I just realized suddenly that I wasn't ready to let the baby go through any more torture, in fact, I had made up my mind that I would keep her, any how, whatever propelled such courage, don't ask me. "So Doctor, when can we take her home?" My mum asked. The Doctor paused for a while as if to check his schedule first. "Well, let's say fifty-fifty, if she does well enough, this evening should be ideal" The Doctor replied. I wondered when the baby would be discharged. As I sought to inquire, the Doctor beckoned on my parents. "Please can I see you people in my office" He said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola