I actually met Kunle shortly after my convocation...
I was in the company of my friends just generally basking in the frenzy of leaving school after four whole years.
 We were having some snacks and soft drink at the school's favorite Bar.
 Kunle had walked in with and elderly man whom I later found out was his uncle who turned out to be the owner of the Bar.
 My friends had actually requested that we go for more yam balls(by the way,  yam balls sold at this Bar was just out of this world) so I opted to go for more.
 I got to the snack stand and was attended to, by Kunle.
 "Hi" He said quickly as he handed me my change.
 "Hello" I responded and we both smiled. Kunle had this charming aura that wasn't difficult to contact.
 I turned to join my friends but the next question from Kunle caught my attention.
 "So, how do you feel being a graduate?" He asked.
 "Hmmm....fulfilled and em...well...a little bit apprehensive, if I must be sincere" I responded and he gave me an assuring smile, the kind of smile that tells you: ''Everything will be fine''.
 "Don't worry, we've all been there but everything will add up soon" He added as he handed me a Chapman.
Quite surprised, I asked: " Chapman? I never asked for a Chapman"
 "Ohhhh! The bill is on me... My little way of congratulating you" He said with a smile.
 "Wow! Thanks a lot....." I replied as I received it.
 Well, the rest of our conversation sparked up when Kunle invited me over for Lunch much later.
 Kunle was very social and hardworking. He stayed with his uncle for a long time while learning under his Hospitality Business. Soon he moved on to set up a small Cyber Cafe which he ran in one of the favorite spots in town and as a Business Admin graduate, I must say, he did quite well for himself.
  We got along quite well, we even attended most of his church programs, I would say our relationship was quite a smooth one until the day I got a call..
 "Hello, is that Trishia?" The voice said.
 "Yea, Trishia speaking" I replied....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola