Yes, as an engineer, Victor was faced with  the full responsibility of taking up assignments and quite a number of follow-up courses at work but I never saw this one coming.
 "A year and half?" I thought to myself.
 "Were they training him for a wold class assignment and I wondered when these will all end? I just had a strong feeling that part of the delay for us to settle down as a couple was contributed by such constant assignments.
 " Not to worry Trishia, I will be visiting and guess what before you know it, it's over. At least, let's look at the bright side, this means more promotion for me" Victor said as he tried to cheer me up.
 Seriously, I wished I shared his sentiments but I just felt I needed more of his time.
 "Moreover, you would also be busy with your training also" Victor added.
 'Yeah, right!' I thought to myself.
Like that was suppose to console me. Minutes later, Victor requested that we go shopping.
That at least was quite uplifting, to say the least, I needed to just snap out of my Not- So- GOOD mood.
 I grabbed my bag after Victor had changed  into a casual outfit and we headed out.
 Suddenly, Tamela popped out from her room.
 "No!! You two lovebirds are not leaving me out of this outing oooo!" She exclaimed, looking all dressed up in a micro mini fitted gown.
At this point, I guess I and Victor were short of words.
We just simply stared at each other.
 "Em...Tamela, don't you think we can reschedule another outing...then, you can tag along?" Victor suggested.
 I noticed Tamela's reaction was not so pleasant.
 "Are you serious? Vic, are you turning me down? Okay, no problem, just settle me with some cash and I will catch my own fun right here"
She responded as she threw her handbag on the couch.
 Victor smiled and brought out some notes from his right pocket.
 "Here, I believe this would do, just ensure you lock the door while you are in doors"..Victor said as he gave her the notes.
Immediately, Tamela's face lit up with a smile. Well, that was a relief of some sort for me, I did not want to be tagged as 'The Bad One'!
 Few minutes later, we were at the shopping mall...
It wasn't uncommon however, there were lots of 'sales off' on virtually every item.
Yea! It was that time of the year again..I almost forgot!
 " What would you like dear?" Victor enquired.
 Trust me, my answer to that question was about to be answered as my eyes strayed into a new shop just opposite us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola