I straightened up.
 "Yea, come in" I responded.
 "Hmm...madam, this one that you are here all by yourself. Wet in dey happen nau?" Sade said as she pushed the door open with reckless abandon.
 She had a leopard skin Dress on and looked all smashing with her bold earrings.
 "Sade hi, I thought you had forgotten all about today" I said, at least seeing my friend after a while.
 "How can? I've just been a little busy but not too busy to forget such a celebration ad this nau..Hmmm..I really give God the glory for your sister ooo, congrats once again" Sade said joyfully.
 "Thanks" I responded.
 "So, how far? I wasn't expecting to see you in your room by this time.
Why are you not downstairs like everyone else?", Sade probed curiously.
 I took a deep breath without saying a word.
 Sade looked at me more intriguingly.
 " Trish, is something bothering you? Or you are missing your Victor?" She pushed further.
 " Well, just some twisted development, that's all" I said briefly trying very hard to avoid the topic.
 "O-k-a-y? Like...???" Sade pressed on.
"Well, just that I wasn't expecting someone to be at this occasion and now he is here? I responded.
 " So who is this person?" Sade asked.
 "...It's...it's... Kunle" I finally spilled it out.
With a dramatic gesture, Sade shouted excitingly..
 "Kunle!! The same Kunle!!?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola