[8/7/2015, 8:27 AM] ejiro: Well, I guess Kunle's story will be for another day.
 "Oya ooo...Madame! Let me see you off.."
Sade had said to me when she was done clearing the dishes we had used for dinner that evening.
 Though I could hear the contempt in her voice but I just decided to over look it this time.
What was upper most on my mind that evening was how to come up with a reasonable explanation for my action towards Victor. I had switched off the phone on him in an attempt not to heat up our entire conversation but I know Victor was smarter than that, he would have read in between the lines.
 I glanced at my wrist watch  and realized it was quarter to 10.
Hmmm, I really needed a taxi right away.
 Sade soon got one for me and I quickly jumped in.
 "Sha take it easy, I will call you...good night" She said before the driver took off.
 I sat in that car with my eyes closed,all I had on my mind was Victor...
 I had arrived home before 11.00pm and the door was locked from behind.
Thank God, I had my keys. I quickly reached out for it in my bag and then, opened the door gently.
 My mum was already fast asleep on the couch. She probably must have been reading some court documents, obviously she had them close to her chest.
I guess my presence must have suddenly woken her up.
 "Who is there?" She mumbled.
"Good evening mum, so sorry to have startled you."
I replied nervously.
My mum sat up, yawned for a while and stared at me.
 "Mum, are you okay?" I asked.
With a smile on her face, she started singing. I know my mum, once she is in that mood, trust me, it is something good!!
For a moment, because I knew the song, I joined her..it was the popular
 'You are alone art worthy Lord!".
 We soon ended the song.
 "Okay mum, what is it?" I asked anxiously.
 "Sweet heart, you won't believe what happened today"
My mum replied.
Now, as far as I was concerned, my mum was just increasing my Blood pressure with this suspense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola