All dressed up, I sat on my bed beside the baby and just stared in oblivion. It was fast becoming obvious that this baby had become my sole responsibility. My mind staggered towards the entire situation. While mask in my world of confusion, my phone rang.
 I soon realized it was Victor! My heart leaped...
 Slowly, I picked up the phone and waited a while for victor to speak and then there was an unusual silence......" Hello" I muttered, unsure of what was to follow. "Yea, is that miss Trishia?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I wondered why Victor would allow someone else to make use of his phone. "Yes, this is Trishia speaking, where is Victor?" I asked promptly. Another unusual silence followed before the person spoke again. "Well, I am Joel, Victor's friend. You might not know me that well because I'm hardly around. However, Victor asked me to wish you a happy Thanksgiving, he was just called to the creeks this afternoon for a short term auxiliary operation and phones are not allowed there" immediately I heard this, I grew  bit agitated. "So when will he return?" I inquired. There was another short pause. "Oh...so sorry, he'll be back in a month time" Joel replied. At this point, I became short of words. "He also asked me to remind you of Kunle's attendance to the service" Joel added. I almost thought that was a forgone issue but yes! He had to bring it on again...."Alright, thanks" I replied.
The call ended and I just laid still on my bed, looking into oblivion, totally lost for words. I thought quietly that there was something that did not just 'sit well' with the call. 'Why would Victor be called to another station so suddenly and he wouldn't even just send me a text even if it was so urgent?'. My heart pondered. Almost immediately, I had another call, then I realized it was Kunle again. This time I decided to accept the call. "Hello" I spoke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola