My heart pondered very fast suddenly so I began to cough uncontrollably.
 "Oh, Darling, take some water. Is it the oil? Wow! Maybe I increased the fire.." Mum said as she hurriedly got to the gas cooker and lowered the fire. I seized the opportunity to get myself some chilled water from the refrigerator.
 "Are you okay now?" Mum asked.
I nodded my head to the affirmative.
I think some how, this little incident overtook the questions Mum had for me. The rest of the time was concentrated on getting the remaining food items prepared for the next day.
 Hours later, the beef and sausages were lying cosily in the deep freezer.
 My cousin, Tina had joined us and had all her ingredients gathered for the Doughnuts.
 "I think by tomorrow, I would have bought my special mix for the doughnut..I missed the woman today...
I'll get there very early tomorrow morning" She said as she kept other ingredients in the refrigerator.
 "Weldone girls.
Now we can call it a day.Tomorrow, remember...we would have woken up very early." Mummy said, looking all contented.
"OK mum" we chorused. Tina was definitely staying over and that meant her, sharing my room so I ushered her in.
 "Wow! Trishia, this painting is beautiful" Tina exclaimed as she noticed an art work on the wall.
 She stood and gazed at it for a while with so much admiration.
 "I guess this painting must have cost you so much" She said.
 "Cost? Not at all, it's my work! My project at school" I said with a smile on. Surely, that happened to be one of my best work so far.
 "What! You are good...Hmmm..." Tina responded.
 Well, I guess by now, I had gotten so use to this kind of comments each time people saw my works so I must say, I wasn't surprise at her reaction.
 "Thanks Tina" I replied all the same.
 It was exactly 9.00pm and being Friday, I really wanted to watch my favorite show.
 I had a warm bath and by the time Tina had fallen asleep, I went to the living room, got myself a cup of warm coffee, settled on the couch and put on the Television.
 Yes! Right there, my favorite night show was featuring. Few minutes into the program, there was a loud noise outside the house.
 Initially, the noise sounded  a little distant but as I listened intensely, it grew closer...
 Suddenly, there was a bang on the door!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola