The Unveiling of Azeezat, also known as @thatfooddielawyer, on MEET THE GUEST hosted by E PLUS the Storyteller.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Azeezat Adejare Ifemide..(@thatfooddielawyer) You're welcome to E PLUS the Storyteller Blog..
We are excited that you're here!😄

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: Thank you...
It's a delight to be here!

E PLUS The Storyteller: Awesome!.
Now, you are one unique individual who is fast cutting a niche for herself, especially in the the food sector because one can hardly talk about Azeezat Adejare Ifemide without mentioning those exciting and mouthwatering meals she brings into the homes of billions of people..
Tell us all about it🙂

ADEJARE AZEEZAT IFEMIDE.: Wow...
My journey with food goes all the way back to my childhood.
I was introverted by nature and quickly found the kitchen to be my "comfort space" very early on, in life.
I would cling to my mother, who is a treat cook herself, whenever she was cooking and I started to learn how to make basic Nigerian meals at the age of 5. By the time I was 10 years old, I was able to independently handle a meal of up to twelve people.
As I grew older,.cooking became the most potent medium through which I expressed my feelings and spread the abundance of love locked inside my soul.. 😊
E PLUS The Storyteller: Wow! Quite interesting... So you found your inspiration, early enough?

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: Absolutely!

E PLUS The Storyteller: Now, let's talk about your recipes, @thatfooddielawyer.
Why are they so irresistible? Even when we see them on your pages and blog, they literally call out our taste buds..what's the secret?

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide : Oh, this is not farfetched. The secret simply lies in the depth of love, with which I handle, and convert every ingredient, into a wholesome meal.
I am a "process" person and I pay particular attention to every step that makes up the meal process. I cook from the heart...

E PLUS The Storyteller: Hmmm.. insightful indeed! Would you say that that, there are different preferences for meals owing to culture or are people, generally accommodating?

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: For me, food is a global phenomenon, which serves as a unifying force that brings everyone together...
Nigerians however, are very big on their traditional dishes, and it is a source of pride we attach to our heritage. I'll conclude by saying, it swings both ways..
E PLUS The Storyteller: Great! So would it be correct to say, being a foodie and food blogger, has given you the platform to diversify?

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide : Oh yes, It would! Actually, I'm not your regular "food blogger". My content represents mainly, a fusion of Food and law, which are what I'm about. A combination of my passion and my training, thus, I would say I have the best of both worlds, because no two fields allow for expression of diversity than,Food and Law.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Very apt! Very apt! Indeed..
And this leads us to your unique style of blending Law and Food! I guess no one ever saw that, coming?😄

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: 😃😃😃. Even I, didn't see that coming!!!
Truth is, I have always questioned my reason for studying Law...
I have always felt there was more that I could offer, that I wasn't sufficiently utilizing the law profession for...
I began to probe into how I could make this right, and @thatfooddielawyer was birthed!
I'm now grateful than ever, for the rare privilege of studying one of the most prestigious professions in the world... The opportunities that come with it are limitlessness!!!

 E PLUS The Storyteller: Amazing!
So, to the most exciting part💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼..can we have one of your recipes as you take us on the journey of Law and Food?

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: I'd be glad to share my àsun recipe, with a twist..

Àsun is made with.  goat meat, diced and sautéed in a blend of pepper mix, spiced and seasoned to perfection! 👌

The step by step process are:

-Season your meat with onions, maggi, salt, garlic and ginger. (Tip: I blend some of the onion with  garlic and ginger into a paste, pour in the meat then, leave to marinate for sometime)
- Boil your meat till tender
-Rub some oil on it and roast in the oven at 300° for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned (Some people fry, I prefer to grill, broil or roast for added flavor)
-Blend your peppers to have a rough consistency and bring it to a boil till all the fluid dries out.
-Chop more onions and green peppers/spring onions
-Get your seasoning cubes, vegetable oil and suya spice (optional but again, I add this for extra flavor) ready as well.
-Place your pot on the stove till warm and pour in just enough oil to keep the meat from burning
-When oil is warm enough to sizzle, add onions and half of the green peppers and fry lightly
-For me, I like the the oil to absorb flavor of the goat meat together with that of the green pepper, so I pour in my diced meat at this point (some people pour in the pepper at this point, fry, and pour in meat afterwards..)
-Fry meat lightly with the other ingredients on medium heat and keep mixing (Do not leave for long so the green pepper doesn't lose its crunchiness)
-Pour in the pepper, maggi, and suya spice (I don't add salt again at this point, because the suya spice already contains salt)
-Mix together and keep tossing on medium-high heat for a couple of minutes
-Add in the other half of the green peppers and onions, if you prefer and toss for two more minutes

-Your asun is ready

E PLUS The Storyteller: Absolutely refreshing👏🏻👏🏻..It's all about Creativity. bring it on!!

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: Thank you. .

E PLUS The Storyteller: This recipe, definitely is a sure deal, can we make orders?🙂

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: Absolutely! 😅
I also run my food business at Ontario, Canada via @zeesplatter on IG, where we satisfy cravings for a taste of home, by providing sumptuous Nigerian meals, while elegantly propagating #naijafood to the world!
E PLUS The Storyteller: Awesome!!
And now, it looks like we will be getting more of your delicious and mouthwatering recipes on more platforms, which is definitely good news, because everyone will be carried along, across the globe. What should we expect?

 Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: Expect a helluva ride! (In a good way though, 😅).
@thatfooddielawyer is going to be packed with loads of fun, innovative, informative, and inspirational content, that cuts across everyone.
I had the privilege of volunteering for Siddiqah Foundation via @mystreetkitchen back in Nigeria, and the experience has left me with an unquantifiable amount of growth and learning.
So... More importantly, a lot of major collaborations with empowerment programs and food charity outreaches should be expected!
That's all I'm letting out of the bag for now.. 😊

E PLUS The Storyteller: Yes!! We are already salivating with the tip of the iceberg🙂 and I'm absolutely confident that it would be worthwhile...

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: It sure, would.

E PLUS The Storyteller: It's been such an amazing and inspiring moment with you, Azeezat Adejare Ifemide.. #@thatfooddielawyer
# zeesplatter
Any word for that individual, who aspires to turn his/her passion into something, creative?

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: Simple! Never stop seeking, until you find the answers; repel negative energy and channel positivity into every "bad" experience until it becomes a 'learning" experience...

E PLUS The Storyteller: Hmm..and what a positive way to approach life.
How can you be reached?

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: The fastest way to reach me is via email: 

thatfooddielawyer@gmail.com

I can also be reached via my Instagram handle: @thatfooddielawyer

E PLUS The Storyteller: Awesome...! And there you have it..viewers! The First Food Blogger who is making a statement with Food and Law. You would agree with me, that this is absolutely refreshing! Just stay tuned for more of Azeezat Adejare Ifemide..#@thatfoodielawyer
# Zeesplatter
  Watch out for her regular column on E PLUS the Storyteller Blog..it promises to be a foodielaw experience!
  Thank you Azeezat, we look forward to all your creative and inspiring recipes.

Adejare Azeezat Ifemide: Thank you
Eplus the Storyteller for telling my story.
I'm indeed honored...


E PLUS The Storyteller: Indeed, we will continue to do so.🙏🏻🙏🏻

**************************************

   @thatfoodielawyer takes your taste bud on a ride with her Asun recipe(spicy barbecued goat meat), with a twist. Click the link below, for more as you watch the video

:https//www.instagram.com/p/B2DHSbWFBTr/?igshid=ibd4fxrua2a7



Who am I?

I am that soulful, deep spirited and genuine hearted being, who  pays true attention and devotion to her cause...

I am that passionate, compassionate and relatable being, whose love and loyalty is to a fault...

I am that cry baby who feels the joy and excitement, as much as she feels the hurt and disappointment, at the very core of her soul. yet, still rises above the pain and gives even more love...

I am that fierce being, whose body and spirit have experienced the most excruciating pain, and only desires to give all it makes for no one else to have to go through same...

I am that fun girl who refuses to age and, would dance her heart out to whatever kind of music that plays...

I am that motherly friend, who's endeared more towards young people because her childhood filled with too much silence...

I am hungry being, who yearns endlessly, for finding self and fulfilling purpose, in order to spread love and hope across humanity...

I am that lawyer, who constantly questions how she's imparting the world with the most prestigious profession of all time...

I am that foodie, who loves to eat food; cook food; buy food; share/give food; try food, and do everything in-between...

I am That Foodie Lawyer... am that soulful, deep spirited and genuine hearted being, who  pays true attention and devotion to her cause...

I am that passionate, compassionate and relatable being, whose love and loyalty is to a fault...

I am that cry baby who feels the joy and excitement, as much as she feels the hurt and disappointment, at the very core of her soul. yet, still rises above the pain and gives even more love...

I am that fierce being, whose body and spirit have experienced the most excruciating pain, and only desires to give all it takes for no one else to have to go through same...

I am that fun girl who refuses to age and would dance her heart out to whatever kind of music that plays...

I am that motherly friend, who's endeared more towards young people because her childhood filled with too much silence...

I am hungry being, who yearns endlessly, for finding self and fulfilling purpose, in order to spread love and hope across humanity...

I am that lawyer, who constantly questions how she's imparting the world with the most prestigious profession of all time...

I am that foodie, who loves to eat food; cook food; buy food; share/give food; try food, and do everything in-between...

I am That Foodie Lawyer...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola