I grew up in a"planned" family, i.e, my parents had in mind what they wanted each of their children to become. I tried hard to be different... I wanted to study theatre arts or law, but I guess my dad wanted Engineering and my secondary school didn't help matters- Because I had an amazing Junior WAEC result, my school automatically placed me in science class. I struggled through and eventually found myself studying Computer Science and Engineering at the prestigious Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso. At that point, I was beginning to have control over my own life. I knew what I wanted to become.I knew programming or engineering was not my thing at all,but I had a major limiting factor- FEAR. I was uncertain, I didn't want to fail...but during my final year, I decided to start. So, I would take up free MC Jobs in Lagos and use my money to transport myself to and fro. My First wedding MC job was at Oyo state in 2009 and it was a complete disaster. I began to tell myself I wasn't good enough, that I couldn't do it..but, I quickly conquered the shame and fear and decided to work more on myself. The second wedding job came almost immediately at Ikoyi... I had prepared a lot. It was a Huge success! I have anchored over a 100 events afterwards and the Grace of God has singled me out. I have worked with big brands, growing brands... I have worked for free and still do till date... I have also shot a few skits, featured in soap operas, recorded a few songs, and so on.

I want to encourage anyone reading this to decide to fight their fears. Fear is a major reason most people do not achieve their goals and dreams. I recently launched the FEAR FIGHTERS Conference aimed at helping people to overcome their fears. Everything you need is usually on the other side of fear. Once an idea drops in your heart, feel the fear that comes with it but decide to execute it anyway. Most importantly, allow God to take first place in your life.
Olusegun Olaoke - Cheggon
Wholesome Entertainer | Coach | Worshiper | Patriot
Facebook - www.facebook.com/officialcheggon
Twitter -  @officialcheggon
Instagram - @officialcheggon
WhatsApp - 08121120023
BBM - 7F5B2718
LinkedIn - Olusegun Olaoke
Google+ - Olusegun Olaoke
Youtube - Olusegun Olaoke
www.olusegunolaoke.blogspot.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola