I needed not to be told that daddy wasn't impressed. If there was anything daddy never appreciated, of course it was situations such as this: 'being kept in the dark for so long'
"Look, young lady, I don't know the story behind this so called baby whatever you do, she must be returned, okay?" daddy said emphatically.
Yea! That's my dad for you on a typical day; precise and and straight to the point
But a little push might make all the difference for him to change his mind, however I knew this wasn't the time. I glanced at mummy to check on her stand on the matter. Obviously she seemed to have taken sides with her husband as she pacified him to calm down. Breakfast was over and my parents were in such a hurry for Thanksgiving service. "Tish, I guess you have to figure out how to manage this situation, we really don't want people raising eyebrows over this baby" mummy said. I tried to understand her statement. "Mum, are you suggesting I stay behind?" I interrogated. "Hmm, do you have a better option?" Daddy interrupted. While I tried to convince them over the situation, my parents got into the car and drove off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola