Really, I did not know what to make of Zainab's request.
 I actually felt she must be asking the 'wrong person'!
 Me, Trishia, adopt a baby? Then, mummy called at me from the kitchen: "Trishia, we need to start decorating the chairs and table any time soon!"
 I hurriedly jumped up in order to meet her at the kitchen.
 "You know what Zainab? Let me just get some warm water for you and your baby and we we will talk about your decision" I said to Zainab.
 "Okay" She simply responded.
As I got to the kitchen, I knew I had to inform mum about our visitors, Zainab and her baby but what I wasn't sure though, was whether to tell her about her request. "Gosh! It sounded odd!" I thought to myself.
Well, I decided I was going to approach the situation with apt discretion.
 "Mum, Good morning and how was your night?" I greeted.
 "Oh, splendid! and yours?" Mum responded as she scaled through some fish for the barbeque.
 "Fine mum. Mum last night was crazy" I began.
 "Really!?" Mum exclaimed as she paused for a while, obviously to hear what I had to say.
 "Yea, it was. remember zainab? Our neighbor, two houses away?" I led her on.
 Mum pondered for a while as she tried to remember.
 "Oh! Yes! I remember. The newly wed ...yea, I remember, what about her?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola