"Hmmm...that's nice of you Bro. I would really love to be there. Just when I was actually contemplating where to do my Thanksgiving.
See, for sometime now, I've not been to consistent with my present place of worship due to some reasons but I have been praying I get somewhere to do my Thanksgiving this Sunday. Wow! This is really timely!" Kunle said excitingly.
"Well, God never fails, He orders our step, so, You will be there on Sunday, right?" Victor emphasized with a smile.
 "Yes, definitely" Kunle replied.
"Okay, can I get your name and number for now, you might want to keep in touch, just in case you miss the Directive" Victor said.
"No problem" Kunle replied.
 I just stood still and really tried my best to avoid the roaming eyes of Kunle. For some reason, I guess he couldn't stop stealing glances at me.
  *   *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Minutes later, Victor and I, were in the car. While he drove, he sang and whistled joyously like he had hit a jack pot!
 "Sweetheart, I'm so excited, did you listen to what the young Man said about not knowing where to worship for sometime now?"
Victor recapped.
I smiled and nodded at Victor's question.
 "Well, God has always been in control. Imagine if I had not responded to the 'spirit' " Victor went on.
I nodded with a smile again.
 "Remind me to give you his name and number so you can follow up on him while I'm away, okay?" Victor said as he negotiated a bend.
 "Seriously!?" I thought to myself, if he only knew how much opportunity I wanted to avoid the topic.
 "Okay, no problem."
I said with a faint smile.
  Finally we got to victor's house. I was certain by now, Tamela would have given herself a treat, I thought to myself. Victor rang the door bell but there was no immediate response so he tried continuously, still no response.
 "Are you sure she is not asleep?" I said.
 Victor pondered for a while.
 "Ohh, okay, I guess you are right? Anyway, I'll just use my key." He said.
The door was opened and suddenly, we bumped into what I can only describe as one of the scariest scenario that I have ever encountered in my life....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola