Slowly, i deliberately hid behind one of the counters close to the ladies and acted like I was still going through their varieties.
 "So, that guy called Kunle jilted Anwili, last last? After everything?" The first lady said.
 "Na so ooo my sister!! Very stupid guy... I had always known he was up to no good.. I even heard he was dating one.....what's that her funny name again sef?..hmm....Kai!....what's that her name again oo!!???
ehen! Trishia!
Only God knows where he picked her from...? Anwili, my niece had to warn her before she took off like a kangaroo running with her tail in between both legs!!" The second Lady said.
 "Upon all nko? Abeg, every woman must learn to have self respect and composition before any man" The first responded.
 "Well, you are right but how can you tell the good, bad and the ugly?" The Second Lady replied.
 "Hmmm...my sister! God will help us jare..." The first lady responded.
Suddenly, I think my feet slipped as I attempted to squeeze myself out of my hideout and I fell in between both ladies.
 "Ahhh! Sorry young lady, are you hurt!?" They both lamented as they assisted me up to my feet.
 I really felt the ground should have opened and swallowed me up.
I managed to conceal my frustration.
 "Hmmm...I'm fine Ma(s)...Thank you" I said as I stood, cleaning the dust off my dress.
I could not stand there one minute longer so I hurriedly headed out and my desire for the chocolate ice cream fizzled out! As I headed out, I heard voices behind me calling for my attention.
 "Excuse me!, Excuse me!" The voices exclaimed.
I turned back and behold, the two ladies!
One of them held out something towards my direction...I wondered what it was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola