I really did not know what to make out of Sade's statement. If I never knew her, I would have just concluded that she was being satirical but for the sake of our conversation, I just decided to prove her wrong.
 "Of course, I'm done with Kunle, you of all people should know that" I exclaimed.
 "Hmm...Trish, your attitude says otherwise. You should be out there feeling normal if truly, you're cool." Sade pressed on.
 I could actually perceive the direction this conversation was heading for thus I straightened up and refreshed myself once more with a little 'City Girl' Cologne and was ready to join the celebration downstairs, this time more prepared to prove Sade wrong.
 We left the room and few minutes later, the entire house was full with guest.
I observed Kunle had settled down very well and was chatting up with others. I simply joined mum in the serving room to get food served.
 Tina's doughnut was such a delight, everyone kept asking for more.
Especially Kunle! I noticed the way he rushed every bit of doughnut served and he kept asking for more, really I hoped he did not develop some sort of 'Running Stomach'.
 Virtually all the guest admired my interior decor and this made me feel good, at least my creativity was fast gaining impressive commendations.
  For a moment, I just sat at a very comfortable corner,after the serving was done.
I missed Victor, I imagined if he was present, it would have made a whole world of difference.
I grew moody all together, lost in my own thoughts.
 "Hello oooo!" A voice re-echoed and I snapped out.
I soon realized that it was Kunle.
 "Oh! So sorry, I did not realize you were here all the while" I quickly apologized for my absent  mindedness.
 "That's okay, can I sit?" Kunle asked referring to am empty chair close to me.
 Before I could even give a reply to that question, he already sat down.
 Cece Winan's track
 'He's a wonder' was playing and I tried to flow along while attempting very hard not to mind the presence of Kunle.
 "So, how are you?" He said as he started off some conversation.
 "Hmmm...I'm okay" I said briefly.
 "I actually thought you were really avoiding me." Kunle continued.
 Something in me  suggested that I should just stand up and leave but on a second thought, I declined.
 "Well, why would I want to avoid you? There is nothing more, is there?,after all you've met my fiancé." I replied.
 Kunle smiled and kept quiet for a while, then he continued.
 "Trishia, I must say you still are beautiful" Kunle said.
 "Thanks" I replied hurriedly, hoping that the conversation ended.
  "Well, I got something for you, saw it along the way and remembered that is something you've always loved".
 Kunle caught my attention there and I wondered what it was.
 " Okay??? " I replied as I stared at his hands expecting to find what he was referring to.
 "Oh no! It's not here, we can walk down to my car to get it, it's a surprise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola