I could perceive  that Victor was bent on inviting Kunle. I even grew more apprehensive.
 Few seconds later, the Cashier appeared with Kunle behind her.
 "Here is the man who wants to see you, sir" She said, still smiling.
For me, there was nothing to smile about, I grew very uncomfortable.
 "Yes sir, is there anything more you would need?" Kunle said courteously.
 "No, not really safe for you to attend our thanksgiving this Sunday, though, I will be traveling for a while but my fiancé here, will be around.
I believe you will be richly blessed." Victor said as he handed him a Thanksgiving invitation card.
Kunle received it and looked at it for a while.
Quietly, I prayed he should decline and the next thing that came out of his mouth dampened my anticipation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola