My alarm rang continuously and this kept me on edge. It was already 5.00am and of course it was the Church's Thanksgiving. Zainab's baby was still asleep,  peaceful as ever.     It was quite surprising for me because I had always thought that babies of that age cry non stop, especially at the absence of either parents. I tried to get out of bed when I realized my phone was ringing. Hurriedly, I picked up the phone and realized it was Kunle.............Obviously, I sensed he was calling to remind me of the Thanksgiving service. I was at a loss to either receive the call or to decline. While contemplating, Zainab's baby yelled so loudly that I almost jumped out of my skin. Quickly, I rejected the call and attended to her. I checked her diapers and realized it was soiled. I decided to give her a bath.      At this point, believe me when I say I had no idea 'What Next!" safe for the fact that I had to face my parents that morning....  It was quite quiet at the dining Table. Tina had left for home as soon as she had her bath.
 Leaving me with Mum and Dad. I had succeeded in rocking the baby to sleep while I joined my parents for breakfast. We had Toast and Bacon and it would be an understatement to say that it was delicious...it was superb but my mind was beclouded with this latest development.. "Trish, are you okay?" Daddy asked as he stared at me. "Yea, are you okay? Mummy added.       Suddenly, my mind went blank.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola