..but for the light that kept blinking ceaselessly. Quickly, I stopped the music and received the call. This was the up tenth time that I had received a call from one 'Sule' who claimed to be a press man or whatever you call them. I kept wondering who had been giving my number away. Of course, I cut the call again just as I did to Zainab's husband's call...Few hours later, Kunle had served Dinner. He had returned much earlier than other days. There have been times he suggested I accompanied him to his store but I declined considering the situation at hand despite his promise to protect me. "I hope you will like this meal, it's from the southern part" He said as we settled to eat. It sure smelt fine and looked fine as well. These few days had brought I and Kunle quite close. Who would have thought this could happen!? As those thoughts crossed my mind, Kunle sought to find out if I was enjoying the food. "Yea" I barely uttered as my mouth was filled with food. Whatever this food was made of, it sure tasted good, I thought to myself. There was silence for a while as we continued eating, then Kunle spoke. "So what's happening to Victor?" He asked without notice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola