We ran after the man whose invitation we had turned down.
 "Please Oga, wait! can we join you?" I asked desperately while the rain drenched us so fast. Hurriedly, he beckoned on us to join him. We entered the bus and immediately the conductor shut the door. I sat close to an elderly woman who seemed  engrossed in the prayer session while the Cab driver stationed himself at the back.
 Everyone in the bus was dressed up for the retreat, men, women, boys and girls. The prayer ended and everyone got back to himself, some started chatting.
 I could really see some of them starring at me with questions in their eyes. Honestly, I couldn't wait to get down! As the bus moved on, I tried to catch some sleep, then I heard the elderly woman behind me; " You look troubled, I can tell!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola