The next day, everyone was up. Onome's brothers were preparing for school by the time she had finished dressing up for school. However, Onome had to check on her dad.
 He was laid in the parlor while her mother was preparing for the market.
 "Dad!" Onome called out as she gently touched his head. Slowly, her dad turned to see her. Onome could feel that he had a slight temperature.
 "Onome, my precious pikin, how you dey?" Her father responded.
 Onome just nodded her head as an indication that she was fine.
 "Okay. You don chop?" He asked.
 "Papa, no worry, I go find something for school chop." She replied.
 "Okay." Her dad said.
 "..but dad, e get wetin I won tell you and mama." Onome said.
 "Okay, I dey hear" her dad replied.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola