"My principal has asked me to invite you and mama to see her." Onome said.
 "Eh ehn? Na wetin happen?" Her dad responded.
 "Hmmm...One school for Lagos don invite me for their program." Onome replied.
 Her dad paid more attention.
 "Hmmm..na which school be that?" He asked.
 "Great College..na for Lagos e dey." Onome emphasized.
 "So you won go Lagos?" Her dad asked.
 "Dad, that's why our principal say make you and mama come see her." Onome said.
 "Okay, tell her say we go come tomorrow." Her dad replied.
 "Papa, what of today na?" Onome pleaded.
 "You no say my body don tire..I neva even know whether I go go work sef." Onome's dad responded with some pain in his voice.
 Onome was disappointed. She sat still for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola