THE PREPAID METRE WAHALA... The Reality of My Country. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller

THE PREPAID METRE WAHALA... 
The Reality of My Country. 

Written by E PLUS The Storyteller


On my way home, after a very long, and engaging day, all I could picture was a glass of chilled water, and a sumptuous meal to go hand in hand with, however nothing had prepared me for the sudden news I received immediately I arrived home. "NEPA don cut una light o." One of my neighbours whispered with a countenance that spoke volumes. Instantly, I was ready to have a chat with the PHCN team that were responsible for the development, thankfully they were still within reach thus I headed on, and the conversation ensued thus:

ME: Good afternoon sir.

PHCN OFFICER: Good afternoon.

ME: Learnt that you just disconnected the light to my house.

PHCN OFFICER: Hmmm... The house by the left, abi?

ME: Yes, Meanwhile we already paid for a Pre-Paid metre, and the care taker is in charge of that, where does that leave us?

PHCN: Well, you will need to come over to the office for capturing, where all the information of the prepaid Metre will be documented.

ME: And, then?

PHCN: The light will be connected.

ME: What's the process of 'capturing'?

PHCN: I think it's about N10,000 or N15000

ME: Hmmm! 🤔 Apart from the fact that the Prepaid Metre has been paid for?😲

PHCN: Yes.

ME: Hmmm... Okay, thank you.

     This conversation got me worried, so I decided to search for the possibility of talking with a PHCN staff (Via the customer care helpline), and I called a number. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait for so long to get a response. I must say, I was quite impressed at the mannerism of the #PHCN customer care officer(very calm disposition, and well calculated with his words). In the course of our conversation, I was made to know some facts:

 1. That the process of capturing is done in the course of addressing the Prepaid Metre issue, thus nothing like payment for capturing.

2. Prepaid Metre is free.

3. Pending when the Prepaid Metre is issued, bills prior to that time will be issued.

4. Once you are able to get your 'MAP NUMBER' and BILLING ACCOUNT NUMBER, the issues can be reconciled with the help of PHCN customer care officers, and the MAP NUMBER will be used to fast track the issuance of the Prepaid Metre.

     Well, I must be candid, these information has made alot of difference, and quite hopeful that we would be making headway within the shortest possible time. Will keep you posted👍 Meanwhile, I still need my chilled water, and Sumptous meal, #PHCN, the bill should be on you.🤷

#PHCN
#nigeria
#nigerians
#MinistryofPower
#eplusthestoryteller

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola