DICEY
Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.


 Immediately, he came into the hall, my heart sank, and all I could do was hold my breath as he stared keenly at my direction amidst the crowd. I felt like vanishing! Then, he stepped forward, and held the mic, clearing his throat for the umpteenth time before he began to make his speech. Simultaneously, my mind began to drift away with echoes of his voice, and those words he said to me, the very first time we met.

"Hi, you look georgeous, can I pay for your drink?" He said with a smirk.

  Then, I turned around to see who had just spoken. He was quite young, apparently I was older, yet the audacity in his voice was the attraction for me. I took off my sun glasses, and smiled, before saying a word.

"So, I guess georgeous ladies now have a free ticket for drinking" I replied.

"Hahaha! Nice one! Okay you beat me to it. I am just a silly flirt, caught red handed by a gorgeous lady." He exclaimed.

"Hahaha!" I laughed, then I thought, not only was this young man cute, but he also had a great sense of humour.

"My name is Steve, and you?" Steve said, as he stretched forth his hands for a hand shake.

"I am Loretta." I replied, as I reciprocated his gesture. Trust me, when I say this guy had such an endearing disposition. It had been such a slow day so I decided to take a break @hibiscusroyale(an awesome place for healthy drinks, salad, smoothies, and more). 

"Looks like you are enjoying this place?" Steve added, as he took a seat beside me. I could perceive that strong cologne. Then, I thought, he must really take his perfumes, seriously. 

"Well, @hibiscusroyale is a very good spot, anyday, anytime, especially if one has to eat healthy, since I discovered this place, I have been stuck on it." I said, with a smile on.

"Awesome! Now I know one of your addictions." Steve said, and we laughed. As we continued chatting, I realised Steve, and I had a connection, and it was quite apparent, though I wasn't so sure when we would see again, but I just enjoyed that moment with him. After a while, he just remained quiet, and stared at me.

"What?" I asked, curiously.

"Seriously, you are not just beautiful, you're amazing, and I enjoy talking with you." Steve exclaimed.

"Oh! Thanks. You're quite interesting, yourself. Thanks for making me laugh." I replied.

"So...can I see you again?" Steve asked, with a strong plea in his eyes. Then my phone rang, it was Mike, my fiance!

"Hello, Loretta where are you?" Mike asked,

 The Story continues....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola