IN THE DARKEST HOUR.. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

 IN THE DARKEST HOUR.. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.



  "Oh! No!" I screamed, as I held on to a  Bamboo tree, trying to prevent my feet from slipping.

I had walked down the hill for a while, and was almost out of breath, so I decided to rest. Amidst flashes, my head was spinning ,and I couldn't get the disturbing images, off my head.

"Jesus!!!" I screamed, and passed out. 

"Come with me." A voice whispered, it appeared like a figure held my hands, and led me through a strange path, strange because I have never seen such a path. Suddenly, everything went dark, and slowly I followed. I wasn't so sure where this was leading to, however I was quite curious. Then I saw a large screen open before me, I was startled

 I saw all members of my family, locked in a room, like they were actually caged. All seated, and bond by a chain, this was quite strange owing to the fact that they all stared at a key on the floor. Then, it dawned on me that the key was for the chain.

"Take the key! Use it!" I screamed impulsively.

"If they can only hear you." The voice of the figure who had led me to that point, echoed.


"But...Why can't someone just pick that key, and unchain everyone. Are they enjoying the torment?" I said, quite angrily this time. 

"Wait, look closely..." The voice  instructed. Then I leaned closer to the screen, and I saw letters inscribed on everyone's back. Written on aunty Becky's back was 'PRIDE', on my cousin's back, the word 'SNEAKY' was written, my second cousin had on the  word 'NONCHALANT', my Dad had on 'STUBBORN AND SELF-ABSORBED', Mummy had on, 'REBELLION', my uncle had on, GREED. My sister had on, 'UNFORGIVENESS', my brother had on, 'REGRET', on the key, was boldly inscribed, 'SALVATION'.

   Then, I looked around in quest of finding out, who was behind the voice.

"Have you looked at yourself?" The voice interrupted. Slowly, I looked down, and on my feet was inscribed

"WORK IN PROGRESS?"

"Quite often, in the darkest hour, nothing seem clear, and even  loved ones become rivals." The voice echoed.

 I pondered for a while, and waited to hear more from this voice.

"So many questions, yet no patience to wait for the answer." The Voice continued.

"...but it gets really tiring, and exhausting. It looks like everything is still, and can only get worse." I cried out.

"Who do you blame for this?" The Voice probed.

"My family has been very difficult, we are always at loggerheads! Sometimes I just think I would have been better with a different family." I  lamented.

"And now...?" The voice asked further.

"I see clearly, I see that they all have their shortcomings, and seems hopeless to me." I responded.

"Yet?" The voice echoed the question.

I looked down at my feet, again and read out the words: WORK IN PROGRESS...

 "Hmmm, I guess we are, all work in progress!" I exclaimed.

"Look at that key, again." The Voice instructed. And I looked, and read out the inscription: SALVATION.

"I guess we need some form of salvation, but who will save us now?" I asked, quite curiously. 

A very long silence followed. I tossed, and turned as I tried to wake up, and after few minutes my eyes opened.  I looked around, and it dawned on me that I had just been taken through an experience beyond me. I looked at the Bamboo tree again, and inscribed on it was: EPHESIANS 2:8-9, ACTS 16:30-31.Then I realised that my question had just been answered, and my journey had only just begun.





Nclosure Systems Nig Ltd is a one stop construction conglomerate with awesome products and services .

 We intend to achieve this by providing convenience and lifelong commitment to our customer’s need.
 In order to effectively satisfy our customers we have strategically modeled our company into three subsidiaries, namely:

- Nclosure Builders: which is our consultancy and construction subsidiary.

- Nclosure: Building Materials Contracting subsidiary.

- Nclosure Fix-it: Maintenance & Facility Management services subsidiary.

We are well equipped with skilled technical and administrative personnel, conversant with technological trends and strict quality standards. We are built on a solid infrastructure by reason of our background in satisfying our client’s need for:

- High Quality Products and Services.

- Prompt Delivery.

- Affordable Pricing.

- After Sales Services.
 
You can reach us via our email👇🏻

08023938985p

IN THE DARKEST HOUR...Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.E PLUS The Storyteller is a Creative Writer, Visual Art Communicator, Blogger, Content Creator, and Storyteller.

For more inquiries

Call/WhatsApp 07081536821.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola