ADRENA'S PRIDE (Part 3)

                    ADRENA'S PRIDE (Part 3)

           Written by E PLUS The Storyteller

Adrena's phone continue to ring while Adrena tossed and turned, and after a while, she reached out for the phone and answered the call.

"Hello... Who is this?" Adrena, this is Charles, your Fiancé." The caller responded, excitedly. 

Immediately, Adrena sat up, and was quite startled. As far as Adrena was concerned, Charles had become history since she heard about his jail term abroad. 

"Charles? Ah han! Which Charles again?" Adrena exclaimed.

"Adrena! Tell me that you are kidding?" Charles reacted, quite dissapointed by Adrena's response.

"Charles! seriously? Is it really you? When did you get out of jail, and when did you return to the country?" Adrena asked, feeling quite uneasy.

"Adrena, please jut make arrangements to come, and get me out of here, I'm a bit short of cash, I will tell you everything when we see." Charles said.

Adrena remained silent for a while.

"Adrena, are you there?" Charles echoed. 

"Charles, right now I am very indisposed, I can't really leave where I am, so sorry." Adrena replied, and immediately ended the call. She sat still, and began to reflect on their times, together. Everything was perfect between Adrena and Charles, and he was always there for her, Charles traveled out of the country for a job opening, and was constantly in touch until he got arrested for a crime he knew nothing about. Adrena had become quite tired of waiting for Charles' return, and decided to move on. Adrena was so lost in thought that she did not hear her phone, ring, until after some minutes. Quite startled, she received the call.

"Adrena... I have been calling your phone nau... What's going on?" Mikel lamented. 

"I'm so sorry, my boo... I was in the kitchen." Adrena, quickly replied.

"Okay, just step outside." Mikel instructed. Adrena was quite curious, so she jumped out of the bed, and stepped outside, and immediately she opened the door, she saw a beautiful car, BMW 8-series Gran Coupe, with her name written on it. Adrena, froze as she stared at the car with her mouth wild opened. And as she continued to stare, Mikel drove in, stepped out of the car, and knelt before Adrena with an opened case. For a moment, Adrena seemed lost, and speechless until she saw the ring in the opened case. 

"Oh! My gosh!" Adrena screamed, and gave Mikel a warm embrace.

"So?" Mikel said, as he waited for a verbal respond from Adrena 

"Yes!!! I will marry you!" Adrena exclaimed. Immediately Mikel stood up and slipped the ring in Adrena's finger.

"Now, I can introduce you as my wife to be, to someone very dear to me, in fact it's been a long time coming He can't wait to meet you, too." Mikel said, excitedly.

"Oh! I can't wait!

"Hope you love your new car?" Mikel asked.

"I have no words, honestly speaking!" Adrena exclaimed, as she ran forward to open the brand new car.

"I think this calls for a celebration!" Mikel declared.

"Yes! Yes!" Adrena replied, and they drove off.

____________________________________________

   While at the club, drinking and dancing, Mikel and Adrena had become centre of attraction as they danced hysterically. Everyone cheered them on, while a young man sat still, by the corner and watched the event play out. After a while, the young man, slowly headed for their direction.He stood amidst the crowd, and continued to watch Adrena and Mikel, keenly, like he wanted to be sure. Then the young man called out:

"Adrena!!!"

Immediately, this caught everyone's attention, while Adrena turned around, and she just froze.

The Story continues...




           Call/WhatsApp message 07081536821


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola