DEAR MOTHER MY HUSBAND JUST... (The cry of an ABUSED WOMAN) Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

 


DEAR MOTHER
MY HUSBAND JUST.
..
   (The cry of an ABUSED WOMAN)
Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.



As I lay on my bed, my heart is filled with so many thoughts and uncertainty.

So many things you've said to me that seems to make a whole lot of sense now. As i reflect, it all seems like yesterday, when you sat next to me.

Hmmm! Your motherly fragrance!

How can I forget?......It never fails to register its unique presence.

Your kind words!

Your exceptional gesture!

Your ever giving heart!

How can I forget!?

On the eve of my wedding, you gave me your precious ornament and asked me to guard it with jealousy.

You said it was a precious gift, handed down to you by your mother, my grandmother. As I lay on my bed now, I watch it as it flows from side to side above my standing mirror.

This is sure one thing that gives me hope because it reminds me of your unrivaled virtue, yet my heart is a far cry from what my eyes conceive.

More often than not, I think life has been very unkind to me, else how can one explain how a man like my husband could be treating me like some trash!

He even beats me to stupor on very many occasions.

Mother! Oh! Mother! This is one part of the story you never told me about!

You never told me that a woman could be used as a punching bag in her own matrimonial home!

Growing up, I saw father, treat you like an egg that mustn't be dropped, yet all I see is doom! Pain and even more pain in my so called matrimonial home..

My Husband has gone out again, and as usual getting drunk amidst friends, while I lay on this bed bearing pains from heavy bruises of the previous night. Worse still, I just lost a seven months old pregnancy, a pregnancy I had waited for seven years!

Dear Mother, expect me home, soon because my bags are parked, and I am ready to return. However, today marks the end of me, being addressed as 'Mrs'. 

I have carefully prepared the most sumptuous pounded Yam, and Afang soup with plenty of isang(periwinkle) for him, and while I lay on the bed, still writing you this letter, I hear him open the Door. He just staggered towards the dining and I hear him open the food.

Dear Mother....My Husband just ate his last meal here on earth!😱

DEAR MOTHER
MY HUSBAND JUST...
   (The cry of an ABUSED WOMAN) Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

# saynotodomesticviolence

#saynotoabuse

#womenspeakout


___________________________________________

  Are you struggling with running a blog?

Are you about to start running a blog, but quite apprehensive about your commitment, owing to your ever busy schedules and engagements?

Are you interested in Creative Writing and Content Creation?

Talk to E PLUS The Storyteller

Call/WhatsApp message to 07081536821


THE ENEMY'S KISS


https://ejiroemenikeuka.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-enemys-kiss-written-by-e-plus.html


                      BEANS AND MORE...


https://ejiroemenikeuka.blogspot.com/2021/01/beans-and-more-written-by-e-plus.html
















.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola