ANDRENA'S PRIDE... Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

 ADRENA'S PRIDE.. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.



"Is it just this hundred thousand naira that you sent that is making you disturb my phone, chief?" Adrena screamed over the phone.

"Ah! My pretty angel, please don't be annoyed, I thought you were less busy." Chief Chukudi pleaded.

"Less busy kor! Less busy ni! Please chief respect yourself o! I said that I will call you when I have the time, for now, let things be! If it is because of the ordinary two hundred thousand naira you just sent, I can return it o! After all it is not up to the amount for my nail polish." Adrena exclaimed

"No, nau... My beautiful angel. Don't be angry, okay... I will not disturb you again, em.. but I will be expectant, ị nụla? (Have you heard?)" Chief Chukudi said, and waited for Adrena's response. Adrena remained silent, and after a while dropped the call.

"Who was that?" Julius, asked.

"Nobody." Adrena replied.

"But you just had a conversation over the phone, few minutes ago, you can't be talking to yourself." Julius, Adrena's brother exclaimed. Adrena remained silent for a while before responding.

"Listen, Julius. You are in no position to question me, I am Adrena, remember?" Adrena reacted.

"Hmmm.. sorry o! Miss Adrena." Julius replied.

"Better!" Adrena said.

"One Jerry came to look for you while you were out with the other guy..." Julius said.

"Ehn! What did you tell him?" Adrena exclaimed.

"I just told him you went somewhere." Julius replied.

"Thank Goodness! I thought you had said something stupid." Adrena said.

"Well, this is just from a brother to a sister; I think you should just make up your mind, and settle  down with one man. All dis waka-waka with different men, e no make sense o! E go burst one day o! And the gbege no go funny o!" Julius said. Adrena became quite upset.

"Julius! You know what? You are going to stay with aunty Ruth. I can't accommodate your insults anymore." She amended.

"But... It's just an advice." Julius lamented.

"Well, you have over stepped your boundary, this time." Adrena said.

_______________________________________

"I waited for you yesterday, but to no avail. You would have at least called back to tell me that you won't make it." Tony lamented.

"Ahan! So, now, that I'm here, nko? Please Tony, I don't have time for all dis wahala, my time is very precious to me, besides you are not the only one seeking for my attention." Adrena reacted, angrily.

"Okay... Okay... I'm sorry. I was just a bit upset but it's okay." Tony said.

"Better. So what about the money? I should be traveling to Dubai this weekend, so I need to take care of some things." Adrena said.

"No problem at all, but I will miss you o! Anyway, here is the money I was able to raise." Tony said as he handed an envelope to Adrena. Immediately, she opened the envelope.

"Oh my gosh! Fifty thousand naira! How nau! What is fifty thousand naira?  Fifty thousand naira that can't even buy me, a plate of the kind of food I  would like to eat on a  very good day! Tony! What do you take me for? Is this the way you want to win me over?" Adrena lamented.

"Em.. I am really sorry Adrena, business has been a bit tight, but.. I ... I...

"Please spear me the rubbish talk, I'm out of here! When you are ready with the balance, then we can talk" Adrena interrupted Tony, as she walked away with the money.

"Adrena! My love! Adrena..." Tony said, as he called out, running after Adrena. Just immediately, a luxurious car parked by, and a man dressed in white stepped out.

"Hello! Why are you running after my woman?" The man said as he confronted Tony, while Adrena walked into the car.

Tony stood still for a while, as he remained speechless.

The Story continues...

    ADRENA'S PRIDE 

Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

________________________________________



E PLUS The Storyteller is a Creative Writing Skills Visual Art Communication, Blogging, Voiceover and Storytelling, Coach.

To enrol for your courses on Creative Writing Skills, Visual Art Communication, Blogging, Voiceover and Storytelling. Call/WhatsApp message to 07081536821.


                    BRAND NEW!

               LORD  I APPRECIATE.


Composed by

A.O CHUKS

Click the link for more 👇

https://youtube.com/channel/UC98EAzXfF0tAZUCvfna7yOw





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola