DICEY(Part 4) Written by E PLUS The Storyteller


                              DICEY(Part 4)

          Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.



In less than an hour, Steve was at my place! Initially when the door bell rang, I wasn't sure if he was the one, until I opened the door. For some minutes, I just stared at him, then with a smile, and warm embrace, I let him into the house, still thrilled at his swift response, it was already few minutes pass 8.00pm.

"So, tell me were you daring me when you asked me to come over?" Steve said as he stared keenly into my eyes. For a minute, I was lost for words, and responded with a grin on my face.

"You know? You really got me there! I guess I pushed my curiosity, and it worked." I replied.

"Or, let's just say I'm in luck!" Steve said.

"You mean...?" I stressed.

"Well our date just got fast forwarded." Steve said, and we both laughed. Then headed for the Kitchen to get a drink, and turned to Steve.

"Water or juice?" I inquired.

"Your company is enough." He replied.

"Oh! Really? At least you should take something." I insisted. With a heavy sigh, Steve succumbed, and opted for water. While we talked, and laughed I felt quite relaxed, and wasn't looking forward to Steve leaving anytime, soon. Suddenly, my phone rang, it was Mike. Wasn't so sure if I wanted to receive the call, but I knew better so I answered with a hush tone.

"Hello."

"Loretta, I don't understand what's going on, but I really need some explanation." Mike lamented, almost immediately.

"I don't understand." I responded.

"What's with the attitude these days, not even a single return call, have you checked your missed calls?" Mike stressed on. Quickly, I pulled down my notification bar, and realised I had nine missed calls from Mike, then my heart skipped about.

"I'm so sorry, can't seem to explain how that happened, maybe my phone reverted to the silent mode." I pleaded, and after a momentary silence, Mike replied.

"Well, I'm heading to your house, now. We need to talk, it's quite urgent." Then, I panicked, wasn't so sure how close Mike was to the house. I hesitated for a moment.

"Are you still there?" Mike echoed.

"Sure, I am still here. How soon will you be here?" I asked nervously.

"I'm close to the gate." Mike said. Immediately, I ended the call, and turned to Steve, he stared at me curiously.

"Is something wrong?" He inquired.

   The Story continues

   



Exclusive interview on, E Shopping Mall, E PLUS The Storyteller Blog, Publicity, and a Creative content for your Brand.

FEE: N1000

Click the link to join the platform.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LL47hXUxYZ68XYIs9Z3yYR









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola