THE ACT IS IN THE OIL(A Couple's Love Story.) Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.



He had returned home quite late, so I felt it was only normal for him to want to rush to bed. It was at that point I felt the nudge to give him a little massage, at least something that would soothe his nerves, quickly I reached out for the oil, and alas! It wasn't there. Then I began to ponder over where I must have  possibly left it(actually it's been over six months I really used that oil). I searched the entire house, and couldn't find it, I was almost certain that I kept it on the shelf. After virtually an hour, I returned to the room, and bumped into my husband who was laughing like a school boy, over the phone.

"Ahan! What's happening?" I said to myself, actually with no intention of interrupting the call. While I stood in front of my husband, he had hardly noticed me, he was drowned in dexterity, with a very contentful disposition, and to think he was knocked out, seemed like the sleep, suddenly disappeared, I couldn't believe it! After few minutes, the call ended, and I could still see the smile, still lingering on his face.

"Hmmm.. Who was that?" I inquired, as I couldn't wait to find out. He stared at me, smiled and shook his head, and returned to bed. That was it! I never got an answer to my question, that night and I did not find the oil, hmmmmmm!

I had a hard time waking up the next day, owing to the night mare I had- I saw myself losing grip of my senses, and could not come to terms with everything that was happening at home. My husband was acting quite strange, and I needed to find out the reason. Slowly, I stood up, and headed for the bathroom, then I heard my husband laughing so audibly, he was on the phone, in the bathroom! This time, I needed to act fast! So I pushed the door, and what I saw, broke me!😢

________________________________________

No doubt, my husband's attention had shifted to someone else, but what I couldn't comprehend was when it all began, and what had gone, wrong?

  After the incident, that morning he took off, like nothing had happened, and that shattered me. I pondered:

When did my husband become so insensitive? Not like we had any misunderstanding that we never resolved! 

My heart was so heavy! As I continued to ponder over my predicament, I heard a phone, ring. Certainly, it wasn't mine, then I turned around, and realised that my husband had forgotten his phone, in a hurry. The phone continued to ring, and was interrupting my thoughts, I reached out to view the caller, then the name got my attention, it was spelt: 

THE ACT IS IN THE OIL!

 I was quite baffled by the name. I guess my curiosity  had gotten the better part of me, so I received the call, and a conversation ensued.

Me: Hello!

Caller: Oh! Hello, can I speak with Richard?

Me: em...you can drop a message, he will get it.

Caller: Hmmm.. Okay, and you are...?

Me; His secretary, he has been expecting your call, he just entered an emergency meeting.

Caller: Oh! I see! Well.. tell him that he needs to replace the oil, he would understand.

Me(Pause for a while as I began to ponder over the statement)

Caller: Are you there?

Me: Sure, I am! Will definitely let him know. 

Then, the call ended! Yes! That was it! The dots began to connect! The oil!

________________________________________

All day, I had my heart in my mouth, my mind went riots! The oil! The oil! That's what continued to echo in my head! It was few minutes to 9.00pm when my husband returned home, I was quite taken aback by his disposition because it all seemed like he was less bothered about his phone that he had forgotten. We stared at each other for a while, and not even a single word was uttered, at least not until I decided to break the ice.


"So, what about the oil that she was talking about?" I asked, impromptu.


 For a moment, my husband remained silent, then he looked at the direction, where he had left the phone.


"Oh! Looks like you've met her!" He exclaimed, unapologetically.  I was quite taken aback.


"Really? Richard! Really?" I exclaimed.


Then, an unusual silence, followed. As I was about talking, my husband  broke down, and the tears came running down his cheeks! I was alarmed, I didn't see that coming! I pondered: Was I missing something?


"When, did we have a real good time together? Tell me, when? It's been virtually a year since you got promoted in your office, and coincidentally, the same time you quit being available, even when you had time that we could have taken advantage of! You stopped the massage because your fingers were way too manicured! Then, the last time I pleaded for a little massage, you suggested that I registered with a massage outfit, that really hurt me! 

I missed our time together so much that I had become desperate to lessen the pain, then your advice came in very handy. I  always carry the oil along with me everytime I want to get a massage at the spa; guess what? It's been quite an experience, It's not just about the massage or the oil, it's about the act in the oil, I miss those chit chats, those conversations, the laughter and the fun!" Richard said, as he sounded quite resolute. My heart began to sink:

 What was he implying by those words:

 It's been quite an experience? 

As I was about to react, my mind reflected on what I saw in the bathroom that morning...hmmm..so the woman I saw my husband chatting and laughing with, over a video call, is actually the massage therapist, and apparently the same person who called, when he was away! Then it dawned on me, how far my husband had gone, just to get the same massage that he enjoyed me giving him. While he sat on the bed, broken and in tears, I watched him, and quite soberly I moved closer, and held his hands. I had become more determined to make things right.

"My darling, I know I have not been available, and I understand that you have been patient with me..but it wasn't intended for it to go this way, let's do this again, let's go back to us, let's start all over." I pleaded.

After a very long time, I could feel our pulse, move in the same rhymic  tempo, our hearts began to communicate together, even without speaking. My husband heaved a heavy sigh of relief, reached out for his bag, and brought out a brand new bottle of oil. He looked at me, and smiled, then he said: Thankfully, my spa session ended yesterday, and I don't have to renew it anymore. 

   The rest of the story has been quite interesting, as Richard and I continue to take deliberate steps to strengthen our union. It's amazing how those dots we leave out, comes back to hunt us, what are you missing out in that relationship? When last did you rekindle that fire, that spark between you, and your spouse? Don't look far, look inwards, the answer lies before you. Begin to rewrite your love story. Remember, find that Oil!

_____________________________________



 Heartykrafts why do you always tell me "not available as you didn't pre-order before now"?

It's really frustrating to miss such a bunch of succulent meat pies, sausages, and mini cakes.(an area dad's submission).

Now, We have come to stay, and never to leave anyone out of this sumptuous super bite😋

We will be having flaky Meat pies, Sausage rolls, plate cakes, and cake slices for your weekend enjoyment. 

Our crusty sausage rolls, Meat pies, and flaky beefy sauce rolls can stay for a long duration in the fridge or freezer, and may also serve as welcome back from school quick snack, for the kids or even as school snack pack idea😀 


     Meat pies -1500 pack of 6

🥖Sausage rolls- 1200pack of 6 

🍢Beefy sauce rolls-1500pack6

    Plate Cake (vanilla)- Midi1300,Big2500

🥧Plate Cake (chocolate)- 1500midi 3000Big 

🥧PlateCake(redvelvet)-1500midi 3000Big 

🍰Cake Slices - 1000, 2000

 HeartyKrafts...special treats all the time.

Call or  Send a WhatsApp message to 07086170336 to place your paid orders.

And, all orders can start rolling out from Friday.

Thank you, as you make it happen💪🏼.

You can click here, for easy access: 

https://wa.me/2347086170336

_________________________________________


Hi everyone!😃

This is especially for bakers, surprise package vendors, and every personal brand that needs to package. 

HeartyKrafts Boxes brings to you, special handmade cake, and gift boxes that will always make your package stand out, everywhere it reaches. 

Please reach out to us here:

https://wa.me/2347086170336




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola