It's a New Dawn...A Story by E PLUS the Storyteller
Just lying here, in the Hospital, has become a reality check for me, and like a rose, blown away with the wind, my virtue and self worth is all gone! I have become an epitome of  'See Finish' syndrome.

 Little wonder no one is taking me, seriously again. Hmmm.. nothing wey person no go see o! And to think that this was the same guy who had professed 'undying love' for me! Ah! Na wa!

I remember when we first met at Fadeke's Birthday Party, he could hardly take his eyes off me, no be small thing o! I tried to avoid him but this guy was on my case. Well I kind of liked him sha, but I needed to do small Shakara. Few months later, he finally caught my heart..this guy pulled one of the greatest surprise, ever. He came to my office with one of the biggest cakes I have ever seen, then asked me out! How he got to know that I am a lover of cake, I had no idea.

We began to see each other and before long, I moved into his house. I couldn't wait to be his wife, so we began to solidify things. First, we ran a joint account, then opened a joint business in his name(I had no problem with that, because I wanted him to be in control, as the man of the house.) 

"Laura, are you okay?" Ada, my friend asked me, one day we hung out. I had told her, about the joint business.

"Ahan! Ada, what kind of question is that?" I responded, quite surprised.

"Na so love dey push you?" Ada continued.

"I don't understand." I replied.

Ada was quite surprised at what I had told her.

"Laura, how on earth, can you be this stupid? You are so vulnerable o! Do you have to go this far to prove to a man that you really love him?" Ada exclaimed.

At this point, I was no longer interested in having further conversation with Ada, I felt she was being very judgemental.

"You know what, Ada? Let that be my headache, okay? How i choose to love my man, is my prerogative. Besides, He loves me, and I am going to be his wife, soon! What's wrong with running things together now? Please, let me be oo!" I replied vehemently as I continued to munch my Hot dog.

Ada just stared at me, and shook her head in pity. I chose to ignore her.  

"I sincerely hope, you are not being too hasty, honestly." Ada said. 

"Don't worry, I have everything under control. I trust him." I reassured my friend.

Well, maybe I thought I had everything under control, maybe I was really 'Blind' in love! Call it anything you want, but trust me..hmmm..I have learnt a very big lesson that would last me a life time! On the eve of our traditional wedding, he sent me a letter, informing me that he was on his way to Australia. Initially, I thought, this was as a result of the previous discussion we had concerning establishing a branch there, not until I read the rest of the letter. He informed me that he needed to raise some money for the treatment of his mother's illness, and he had no idea when he would return to the country after the entire process, so he advised me to move on with my life! I held the letter and was shivering...I wanted someone to wake me up! I thought I had recieved the worse news until I got a call from my Bank.

   "Madam, Good day, there's been some development o! We discovered that someone has been syphoning your money, and we just apprehended one of your staff who is considered to be suspect, please can you report to the Head office for further clarifications? It's quite urgent."

Hmmm.. I had to pull myself together, and headed straight for the Bank. Then I got the rudest shock of my life...My so called Fiance had been sucking up the company account, dry - Using dubious signatures against my name! Chai! Immediately, I passed out...

The Doctor said I have to be here, for the next one week, I really don't know where to start! Hmmm..After all my sacrifice for love! Ah!!! Laura...see your self?

I am still trying his number and  it's switched off...Na wa o!

This indeed, is a New Dawn for me..abi wetin I won talk..

       A New Dawn..A Story by E PLUS the Storyteller.(For your e copy of Intriguing and Suspense Filled Stories, Call or send a WhatsApp message to 07081536821, 08088534380.

***********************************
As a Creative Writing Skills, Visual Arts and Blogging Coach, a Systemic Functional Linguist, Author and Storyteller, it's a great joy to see the progress you make, when the participants/Students, you impart, pass out with flying Colours. 

  Introducing... Barrister  Azeezat Ifemide Adejare, who just completed the Online Creative Writing Skills, Visual Arts and Blogging Course with E PLUS the Storyteller...

She had all all round Distinctions in  her final Assessments and has been Certified.

More amazing, is how she was able to achieve this, amidst her very tight schedule..!!

That's indeed the advantage of the online course..you run it at your own time slot and in your space.

Here is what she has to say👇🏻



There is no limit! You can still attain that goal of being a Creative Writer, Visual Art Writer and Blogger.

To get Certified  in the Online Creative Writing Skills, Visual Arts and Blogging with E PLUS the Storyteller...Call or send a WhatsApp message to 09075005895.

*********************************

...And it's finally here..
 TALES OF VERSES by Ejiro Emenike Ukaumune(a.k.a E PLUS the Storyteller) is a collection of stories based on real life experiences which ranges from Rape, Domestic violence, child molestation, human trafficking, Vanity and Family challenges.
 Allthe silent voices who have been unable to speak out against these vices are well represented in these stories. Fictional names have been used to protect the image of the people in these stories.

Click the link to get your copy.


Or send me a direct message with your email, on 08028489362, 09075005895.

 You get a free Audio-Visual Story from E PLUS the Storyteller when you get any of her stories, then you get two when you get all the stories😊



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola