*The Sunday Chronicle*
  *Every Sunday on E PLUS the Storyteller Blog*
*********************************
    _The Stranger....(A Story by E PLUS the Storyteller)_
That day, something told me not to leave, but I was so much in a hurry. Well it wasn't my fault, man must hustle nau!!

She had been very kind to me but I was tired! Yes! This wasn't the kind of life I was used to, na wetin sef? I was disvirgined and abused by age 6, then it continued until I was 18, eventually I ran away from home.

  Nobody believed what I was going through in the hands of demons such as my uncles, neighbours, cousins and even so-called friends, it was just like I had been cursed; everyone wanted to sleep with me.. sha!!

   Pretty on the outside, used up on the inside, my world had been crushed. I had managed to become street wise and learnt how to plait hair from this lady I met in a very strange way, just down the street; we, both shared similar story- Her father had been abusing her since she was 4, but she ended it all at age 12, when she gave him otapiapia one fateful night, in his yam and peppersoup, and he died instantly. People believe that, her father died out of heart failure, but she knew better.

Hmmm..the twelfth child out of fourteen, she was eventually shared to her aunt and her husband, who had been believing God for a child, that's how they set her up for a vocational skill, after she finished secondary school. She opted for hair plaiting and styling, and was earning money from it.
  We met during one of the festivals in town, where everyone had gathered in the arena as we watched the popular 'Ozimbi', display his various craft.
'Ozimbi' was the popular tall legged living puppet who thrilled spectators with dynamic dance display. I had become engrossed in the entire razzmatazz when I felt a tap on my shoulder, then I turned and saw this petite lady smiling at me. Well I didn't know what to make out of it, so i returned the smile.

  "My name is Christiana, I'm from this town, and you?" She said.

Quit hesitant, I responded:
"Well, my name is Oghenetega, I have been in this town for quite a while."  she looked at my hair and grinned. At this point, I had become quite  uncomfortable, but she continued with the conversation.

"You have a beautiful hair, but it can be better." She commented.

"How, I don't understand o!" I reacted.
"You see...you have natural curls, however the right steaming can bring out its fullness." Christiana said.

Hmmm..in my mind, I was like who is this stranger sef? As far as I was concerned, she was a stranger!
"See ehn, if you come to my Saloon, I will show you what I mean." Christiana insisted. Then, I became quite curious.
"Please where is your Saloon?" I inquired. 

"Not  far from the arena. Here, this is the description." She said and handed me a complimentary card. As I read through, something caught my attention!

  To be Continued...

     
*********************************

...And it's finally here..
 TALES OF VERSES by Ejiro Emenike Ukaumune(a.k.a E PLUS the Storyteller) is a collection of stories based on real life experiences which ranges from Rape, Domestic violence, child molestation, human trafficking, Vanity and Family challenges.
 Allthe silent voices who have been unable to speak out against these vices are well represented in these stories. Fictional names have been used to protect the image of the people in these stories.

Click the link to get your copy.


Or send me a direct message with your email, on 08028489362, 09075005895.

 You get a free Audio-Visual Story from E PLUS the Storyteller when you get any of her stories, then you get two when you get all the stories😊



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola