I have made my decision....A story by Ejiro Emenike Ukaumune( E PLUS the Storyteller.)

  It had always been all about sacrifices for me, but now, I see things differently, especially when I consider the roller coaster cloud of emotions I have been revolving around, over the past years. Somehow, every man wanted to use me like some litmus test..ah han! Kilode?
   First, it was Yusuf. I met him at a local store, close to my work place. Well, it wasn't necessarily love at first sight, sha ooo! It just happened that he helped me out of an embarrassing situation that would have cost me my reputation. He paid for all the items I had purchased at the store(an amount that ran into thousands.), simply because I had failed to realise that my credit card had expired, and I had no cash! No be small thing!

 Well, we exchanged numbers after the usual 'show of appreciation'. Yusuf began to call me countless times, hmmm...one thing led to another, and I got pregnant..yes! but there was serious issues- he had four wives!
Me! With four wives, "olorun maje o!"(God forbid!). After going back and forth, he decided that I should have the baby in London!
  Two weeks after I had her, I decided to stay back,.

While in London, I ran into a former classmate(He was actually my crush in secondary school) We had quite a conversation, catching up on old times.)

     "Ha! Tola! So you are in London?" Williams exclaimed.
I smiled, ensuring that no trace of my experience filtered through, because I had really put on quite some weight after child birth.

       "Yes o! Williams! Good to see you." I replied. Tola, paused and stared at me for a while.

          "So, I see you have added, wow! And how has life been?" Williams continued.

           "Well, we thank God for everything oo! And what about you? How long have you been in London?" I asked as I decided to switch on the tone.

  "Can't complain, I own one of the largest African restaurant, here in London, coupled with my Wrist Watch empire, we are trying." Williams said.
  Hmmm...my ears stood up with the alert signal. Williams was a big boy! Ah! 'Not bad to collect his number, at all!' I thought.

     "Hmmm.. Williams, you have turned out well ooo." I exclaimed.

    "Yea, I sincerely thank God that my dad was on my case, you know that man never gave me breathing space, those push eventually paid off." Williams said as he smiled from ear to ear. Would you have blamed him? He had everything going for him nau...hmmm

  After the entire conversation, trust me na! I collect number, sharp sharp! Before nko?
'Maybe I would eventually just stay permanently in this London, who knows?' I thought.

While nursing the child I had with Yusuf, Williams and I, kicked it offf. In fact, it looked like my stay in London was actually orchestrated because of him.

 Williams wanted more from me. So when he began to inquire about my future plans, I knew he had taken me seriously. 

"Well, I don't mind having my own boutique." I replied. I remember the look on his face and how he had on this grin.

 "Tola, boutique, ke? Come on, you should be looking at a more enterprising venture, like owning your factory, where you can produce items or edibles
  That's where you count the money!" Williams insisted.
 
"...but you know, that's so much capital involved" I exclaimed.

"Leave that to me, Tola." He replied.  That was the assurance that took our relationship to another level and before you could say 'Jack', I took in, for Williams o!

  After running my bread factory for a year, I had to take my maternity leave. The Doctor had confirmed that I was expecting a boy. Williams was so ecstatic about the news, and I was very delighted about the fact that my daughter was going to have a brother.

    Then, few months after I had my son, while I was doing the laundry, A woman came to the house.

    "Good day, are you Tola?" She confronted me, as soon as I opened the door. For a moment, I remained silent as I continued to stare at her.

"Well, I know you have a son for Williams, my husband..no problem. He finally has done his worse.. abi?  but be sure of one thing, I will hunt you and make your life miserable until you leave London! Oni ranu!(Naughty person.)"  The woman said and walked away.

 To say the least, I was shaken! I began to number my days in the country. I wasn't ready for any wahala. Williams never mentioned that he had a wife, rather he had lied about being a divorcee.

After rounding up my plans, I had to end things with Williams, and without notifying him, I headed back home. Now, I'm left with two children from different fathers- evidence of all my escapades, Hmmmmm!

I have made my decision... I'm giving them up for adoption!

        A Story by Ejiro Emenike Ukaumune(a.k.a E PLUS the Storyteller)

*********************************

...And it's finally here..
 TALES OF VERSES by Ejiro Emenike Ukaumune(a.k.a E PLUS the Storyteller) is a collection of stories based on real life experiences which ranges from Rape, Domestic violence, child molestation, human trafficking, Vanity and Family challenges.
 Allthe silent voices who have been unable to speak out against these vices are well represented in these stories. Fictional names have been used to protect the image of the people in these stories.

Click the link to get your copy.


Or send me a direct message with your email, on 08028489362, 09075005895.

 You get a free Audio-Visual Story from E PLUS the Storyteller when you get any of her stories, then you get two when you get all the stories😊



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola