MY OTHER WORLD... Written by Sumayyah

 

       MY OTHER WORLD

    Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

 My mother bade me goodnight as she closes my bedroom door, switching the lights off. I say my night prayers and drift off to sleep.

“Whirrrr!” the soft whirring of machines floats its way into my eardrums. Disoriented, I stand on my tired feet, wondering where I am and what is making such a strange noise.

Subconsciously, my jaw drops as I find myself floating in a futuristic, AI-empowered, strange sort of place. Robots moving so gracefully like dainty ballerinas and the pillows suspended in the air feels like fluffy clouds.

I look beneath me, and I realise that I am not standing on anything at all- I am levitating! Giddy with excitement, I begin to prance around, feeling like a swan from the ballerina’s show.

 

Hello there.” An automated, robotic voice speaks. “I see you have found your way to our world” the voice continues. I smile at the robot, unable to speak, as I have become overwhelmed. “Follow me, there are many beauties to behold in this humble abode of ours.” The voice said.

 

I chuckle, because the abode is anything but “humble”. The robot guides me to a place where other similar beings as itself are programming on projections right out of thin air. The robot nudges me to their direction, encouraging me to touch it.

I give him my biggest, dimpled smile and my finger is about to touch the mesmerizing technology, then…

“Sumayyah! Sumayyah!” a faint voice yells. I panic as the futuristic world becomes a whirl, sending me back to reality!

 

“Sumayyah, will you get up this instant? You are running late!” my mum’s face is contorted with irritation, and I match her glare with mine, before I hurry to get ready for school.

Ugh! I had to return to this boring, plain world. What a shame, really. A futuristic world will be much better, don’t you think?


Stay tuned for more updates on Stories by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola. Use the link below to also catch up on previous stories 👇🏽

THE WAILING CREATURES.

Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola 



That's NOT my Father

  Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola