That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

 

    That’s NOT my Father!
     Sumayyah Oluwafunbi  Ogunsola



             It’s a bleak, dark late evening accompanied by torrent of rain and the howling of the wind; the power is out. My father and I sit down in the parlour, looking at each other and sighing in disappointment, as our fun day out was ruined. I glance at our pet cat, Tata, to see that she is fast asleep.

              Exasperated, my father launches himself on the sofa and says to me,

“I am going to get Starbucks. Wait for me.”

Worried, I respond “In the rain, and at this time, dad? You have heard how dangerous people lurk in the cloak of darkness...”

He cuts me off. Tells me there is nothing to worry about and that he would be back soon, after all, 'he is just going to Starbucks, right?' I shut the door behind him.

10 minutes.

15 minute…

Tick tock! Tick tock!

 I get irritated as an hour has passed since dad left the house. My hand trembling, I am about to dial the emergency number, when...

Bang! Bang! Bang! The unceasing knocking on the door was getting more aggressive by the minute. With my heart in my mouth, I drag my trembling self over to the door to open it and see…

Wait. Something is off!

The man standing here looks like dad, but he’s got strange, glowing red eyes. Which is definitely different from my dad’s dark brown eyes.

My dad’s strange doppelganger and I maintain intense eye contact for about 5 seconds, before he drops on the ground with a THUD.

I blink, confused. Then reality dawns on me as I slowly let out a scream, my hands clasped on my mouth in stricken horror!!!

 Stay tuned for more updates on Stories by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola. Use the link below to also catch up on previous stories 👇🏽

THE WAILING CREATURES.

Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola 

 https://ejiroemenikeuka.blogspot.com/2024/02/the-wailing-creature-written-by.html

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola