MY NEW NEIGHBOUR

  Written by E PLUS The Storyteller


It was just like every other day, safe for the light thunderstorm, so I decided to take a brief walk . I had not gone too far when I saw a van drive into the neighborhood and a young dark guy stepped out! He headed straight for the vacant house and unlocked the door. For a moment, I just stood still and stared, looked like he had just moved in. Within seconds, he stepped out of the house with some empty cartons and stood still while he looked around, seemed like he was indecisive about where he wanted to drop them.


"Good day! Looking for where to dispose, those?" I quickly jumped in to offer some help. 

"Oh! Well, yes! I.. I am not sure where." He replied as our eyes met.


"Okay, just let me have them, and I will take it from there." I said.


"Very well...thank you so much." He responded as he handed the cartons to me. 


"Do you stay around?" He asked, almost immediately. 


"Yea, you are my neighbour." I replied with a reassuring smile.


"Wow! That's good to know...em..I'm on my way to get the rest of my furnitures, I just moved in as you can tell."  He said, this time with the most charming smile I have seen in a while.


"Okay, great!" I responded, and headed on. I could feel his eyes piercing through me, and I really loved the attention, so I thought of something very quickly, immediately I tripped over the cartons and fell helplessly on the floor.


"Oh! No! I'm so sorry! Did you hurt yourself?" He lamented as he ran forward to help me to my feet, but trust me, I wasn't in a hurry to get up so I closed my eyes and continued panting with my back on the floor.


"Ouch! I think I would need help to my apartment!" I said.


"Oh! Okay..." He replied


   The Story continues.


_________________________



Yes o! The children are watching and listening to CUFRI-the Brand New Educational African Cultural Audiovisual Stories, creatively captured to enable children and the entire family comprehend and enjoy events and unique history of the beautiful African Continent. These Audio-visuals are in different series with different topics of discourse, and learning has never been so creative and fun! To get CUFRI: The Educational African Cultural Audiovisual Stories, send a DM to 07081536821




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola