The secret to my Afang soup is in this story, just read it to the end... By E PLUS the Storyteller

   Sixteen missed calls! Ah! My friend, Favour had been calling and I was fast asleep. This sleep must have been really deep o! Just Imagine! My phone rang sixteen times and I did not even hear once..hmmmm...very serious.
Well, I decided to call her back and this time, it was my turn to wait. After several dials, Favour eventually picked up my call.
"Ah han! Na wa for you o! Where you dey since wey I dey call you?" She exclaimed. I had expected such reaction, though. I just laughed. "Favour, abeg no vex, I been dey sleep, I just tire.I say make I rest small." I replied. She heaved a heavy sigh.
   "No wahala sha. I called to remind you of the graduation party for my son. It's in few days.

Favour's son had just graduated from high school and, she planned to hold a party in his honour, it had totally slipped my mind.
    "Chai! Honestly, I been dun forget o! How e go be nau?" I said.
"em..I have made arrangements for agoyin to handle the cooking and also, paid for rentals." Favour said. It was quite great to know that my friend had all the preparation, under check.
"So any colour code?" I inquired. Favour remained silent for a while. I could percieve she was indecisive.
"Honestly, it's even part of the reason I called you.
"My husband and I have been arguing over this issue of colour and it's leading us no where, I'm tired o!" She lamented. Hmmm.. it was quite amazing to find out that even issues like colour, could raise so much dust amongst couples.
"I don't think you and your husband should fuss over colour nau, e neva reach like dat!" I said.
"Oya, between pink and white, which do you think works for the occasion?" Favour asked promptly.
  I was in no way going to be set up so I decided to play safe.
"None!" I exclaimed.
"None? Ahan! Okay, which colour do you have in mind, now?" My friend probed anxiously. I had to give it a thought for a while.
"Let's go for blue and a touch of white for the males then, a touch of pink and white for the females." I replied. Favour remained quiet for a while before she responded.
"In fact, I know I could count on you. I love the combination. So we will settle for these colours."
"No problem, any day, any time." I replied. I was quite happy that Favour loved the colours I had suggested. Then, she continued.
"Debby, I still need one more favour from you o!" She said, sounding quite helpless.
"What is it?" I asked.
"That your Afang Soup, I need some for my guests." Favour requested. Then my calculation cap came on. I had to the additions.
"So, how many guest are you expecting?" I inquired.
"Hmmm..Fifty or hundred guests." She replied.
"Okay, let's say, approximately...one hundred and twenty guests." I added.
"Okay, cool." Favour responded.
"No problem, I will send you the bill." I said.
"Thank you so much! Please, let this Afang Soup be exactly like the one you cooked for Tope's wedding o!" Favour emphasised. I smiled.
"Favour, you no trust me again?" I asked, confidently and, we laughed. Then I began to make my preparations.
      It was few minutes to the graduation party and, I was almost done with the Afang soup. Favour called me while I was dishing it, into the food warmer.
  "Favour, congratulations!" I said.
     "Thank you o, my friend. How far with the Afang soup nau? Shey you are bringing it?" She asked anxiously.
"Of course, I will be at the venue, in ten minutes." I replied.
      "Thank you." She said and ended the call. Thank goodness, there was no traffic, so i arrived at the party, quite on time!
Favour was so delighted to see me as we embraced each other. Quickly, I began to serve the Afang soup with pounded yam. Everyone ate to thier satisfaction and were smacking their lips!
"Madam, the food was really tasty. Thank you." All the guests kept saying to me, in fact my Afang soup landed me more contracts before the Party ended. After everyone had gone, I stayed with Favour, for a while just to catch up on some gossips. "Thank God everything went well." I said.
"My sister, thank God. I really appreciate all that you have done and yes, Debby, I have been longing to ask you; what makes your Afang soup soooo delicious and distinct? I have eaten Afang soup in other places but yours stands out, even the guests were talking about your Afang soup, what's the secret, Debby?" Favour sought to know. I smiled and looked at her.
"Well, what's a secret, if it is shared?" I teased. Then we laughed again. However, I was willing to share my secret with Favour, considering our friendship.
"Okay, there is a spice I add to my Afang soup and it is known as Okpei." I said. Favour looked at me curiously.
"Okpei?" She exclaimed.
"Yes, Okpei. It changes everything, once it goes into the soup." I replied. Then, Favour's face lit up.
"Hmmm.. now I know. I will definitely keep this secret!" She said as we both chuckled.
"You better do, otherwise..." I responded and, we laughed as we continued our jist. That evening, I returned home, feeling very contented that everyone enjoyed my Afang soup. As I laid on the bed, my husband turned to me.
  "Madam, I hope you reserved my own Afang soup o?" He asked.
  Thankfully, I had reserved some, in the fridge.
   "Don't worry darling, I have got you covered." I replied. Then, with a smile, my husband reached out for my hands and held them warmly.
"I trust you. The Afang Guru!" He exclaimed, and we both laughed.
    Do you want tasty Afang Soup? Oya, slide into this number: 07081536821

You can also visit E PLUS the Storyteller Blog @ ejiroemenikeuka.blogspot.com
*********************************

...And it's finally here..
 TALES OF VERSES by Ejiro Emenike Ukaumune(a.k.a E PLUS the Storyteller) is a collection of stories based on real life experiences which ranges from Rape, Domestic violence, child molestation, human trafficking, Vanity and Family challenges.
 Allthe silent voices who have been unable to speak out against these vices are well represented in these stories. Fictional names have been used to protect the image of the people in these stories.

Click the link to get your copy.


Or send me a direct message with your email, on 08028489362, 09075005895.

 You get a free Audio-Visual Story from E PLUS the Storyteller when you get any of her stories, then you get two when you get all the stories😊



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola