I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller

   I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER.

  Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.


I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER.

It was going to be my last meal in my already hopeless life..the meal wasn't even  enough for me and my only child who was down with malaria for weeks unending, and I couldn't even afford medications.


 He laid on the bed and stared at me desperately.


"Mama! Will I die?" He asked with his voice that already sounded frail.

I sighed and looked away. Actually, the food I was about to share with my son was poisoned! Yes! Poisoned! I poisoned it! I wanted to end it all! The suffering was too much jare! Right before my own eyes.. everything was falling apart...I really couldn't give my son an answer. However, more determined than ever, I was ready to end it all!


"Don't worry son everything will be fine." I replied. I took the food and placed it on the table. Then I took a spoon and as I proceeded to eat first, my son interrupted.


"Mama.. we've not prayed over the food." He said. I looked at my son and shook my head in despair.


"Okay, go ahead and pray." I responded reluctantly. Then, slowly, my son stood up and placed both hands on the plate of food.


"Father God! I ask for your Grace and Mercy as we eat this meal. Let this not be our last meal, we pray for the nourishment and satisfaction in your holy name we pray Amen.!" My son prayed. 


How was I to say Amen? The food was still poisoned! Well, everything was still going to end anyway. Few minutes later, after eating the meal, we slept off! Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the Door. Sluggishly, I stood up and opened it. It was Mama Dele! My neighbor. She was all smiles. I wondered what the excitement was all about?! 

"Good evening." She greeted and I reluctantly nodded my head. I guess she could percieve the coldness from my gesture. 

"I have been knocking on your door for so long now... I  wanted to find out if your son is around? " Mama Dele asked. Then it occurred to me that I was still alive! I ran quickly to my son, leaving the Door opened while my neighbor still stood there. I shook him several times and eventually he sneezed. 

"Mama!" Gently, he called my name  and as I stared into his eyes, he smiled. 

"Mama..I feel well, I feel strong, I'm well Mama!" He exclaimed. I couldn't understand! I was completely broken!

 "How come we were still alive after eating the poisoned food?" I pondered, then my neighbor called out. 

"Please, I'm still waiting o!"

    Quickly I returned to the Door.

 "Em..my son is home, he hasn't been feeling well, however, he is fine now"  I responded. 


"Please, does he still play the drums" Mama Dele asked anxiously. I responded with an affirmative gesture as I nodded my head.

"Great! Because my elder brother runs a Music Academy and they want to sponsor five boys to U.K. I was considering sending his name to them. All expenses will be  paid and after the training, they can further thier education and eventually get employment with the academy, I must confess he is a Genius" said Mama Dele.

_______________________________

Years after, my son still works with the Music Academy where he trains other prospective drummers. I will be joining him In few months. God has wiped off our tears! God says:

 His thought for us is that of good and not of evil, to bring us to our expected end. God's will for us is perfect! It can't be flawed. He alone can turn that situation around for Good. Just say to God: "Yes to your Will!" In HIS will everything is perfect!

You can listen to the song by E PLUS titled: YES TO YOUR WILL

Click here👇to listen

https://youtu.be/v4J6VGKxc

______________________________


LONGRAIN TASTY GROUND RICE SWALLOW


No long story...


This is your best choice for healthy and tasty Ground rice swallow👇🏽


The testimonies are just rushing in...abeg who no like better chopulate..even me join put mouth for the gist👇🏽


LONGRAIN TASTY GROUND RICE.


Easy to prepare and no preservatives.


To place your order Call/WhatsApp 07081536821


Send me a DM to place your order(s) 07081536821


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola