The Pulpit is not a place for Showmanship.





       BEYOND THE PULPIT

                The Word


  The Pulpit is not a place for Showmanship.

          

 "Tosan, what happened? I did not see you in church last week, what happened?" Amanda enquired.

"Ah! Nothing o!" Tosan replied.

"Ahn ahn! What do you mean by nothing ooo!" Amanda probed further.


"Well, I have the leading to just stay back and retrospect." Tosan explained.

"Retrospect? On what?" Amanda asked.


"Hmmmm... My sister...it almost feels like I'm the subject of discourse for every sermon, simply because I choose to confide with people in the church." Tosan lamented.


"Really? What do you mean?" Amanda continued to probe.


"Well, I have observed that each time I share a problem, it is used as a topic for each service, and then I am suppose to be comfortable with that...right? I don't understand that the Pulpit should be a place for SHOWMANSHIP where people's vulnerability are showcased. To the contrary, I believe that the call to service is a solemn one and not for man's pleasure but to the glory of God! Otherwise, anything short gives room for gossip and back-biting. That you are positioned into the ministry doesn't elevate you above others. People want to feel safe even amongst the brethren, not to be ridiculed." Tosan said.

Amanda remained silent for a moment and gradually began to reflect on the reality of Tosan's statement.

"Indeed, there's a Pulpit beyond the Pulpit, and that place is in our heart!" Amanda exclaimed.

"Hmmmm!" Tosan responded.



BEYOND THE PULPIT

THE WORD

  The Pulpit is not a place for Showmanship.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola