THE ACTRESS WHO SPEAKS FIVE- SIX LANGAGES!

If you have ever seen the movie; INDEPENDENCE DAY, HUSH, BATTLEGROUND, and other notable movies, then you know that the name-Meg Otanwa- is not one that would go unnoticed! Join me, as we get to know more about life, goals and career from this beautiful, intelligent, talented and effortlessly charming sweetheart of Nollywood and the entertainment industry.

Enjoy!

E PLUS The Storyteller: Welcome to E PLUS The Storyteller online exclusive chat interview tagged: MEET THE GUEST..with E PLUS The Storyteller. The name, Meg Otanwa rings a bell everywhere you go, particulary in the larger space of the entertainment circle, how would you describe this narrative, and the experience thus far?

Meg Otanwa: Thanks for having me on MEET THE GUEST..with E PLUS The Storyteller...


Well, On my end, I put in the work.
I believe that hard work and diligence pay. As much as I don’t work just for the awards and accolades, I do appreciate it when my work is celebrated and when I’m mentioned in places in light of my work. Because, film making is a lot of hard work.
The glitz and glam is what viewers get to see for the most part but trust me, it’s more of hard labour than glam. In all, I’m thankful. I’m grateful for the process.
I won’t trade it for anything because it has shaped me to be the actor that I am today. I started from the bottom Up, it made me appreciate my craft and my growth a whole lot more. So, yea, it’s been a journey filled with grace.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Hmmm.. insightful👏🏾👏🏾
How would you rate the entertainment industry in Nigeria, presently?

Meg Otanwa: We have definitely grown by leaps and bounds, in no small part to our creativity and originality. There’s been a surge in the global acceptance of “Afro-tainment” and thankfully as with the music Industry, Nollywood has been at the forefront of it. We have our films getting screened in some of the most prestigious festivals across the world just as our music is getting played in different corners, all over the world.The Nigerian entertainment Industry is definitely not where it used to be five, ten years ago. And the good news is, It is still evolving, meaning there is so much more to come.



E PLUS The Storyteller: Hmm.. awesome?
Watching Meg Otanwa on screen puts one on a moving train, and takes you through so many suspense filled trip, and you never know what to expect, owing to your diversity, and how effortlessly you interpret rolls. What's your inspiration?

Meg Otanwa: I’m inspired by Life, love, nature and the very intricate compositions of us, humans.


E PLUS The Storyteller: Splendid? So, I'm sure many people are quite curious about how your acting career started- have you've  always known that you would be an actress?

Meg Otanwa: I quit a lucrative job with the African Development Bank to return to Nigeria to be a part of the Industry. I started from the bottom up, which I’m always grateful for. I wouldn’t say I had always known I’ll take up acting professionally. Yes, I had a flair for acting and definitely knew I would do it some day.
By the time I got into it, the more I did it, the more I realized it was a domain I wanted to pitch my tent in.
Story telling is pivotal to our very existence and culture. We pass on cultural values and history through our stories just as some serve for the purpose of entertainment and/or social justice.
In all, it is a powerful space to be in.


E PLUS The Storyteller: Powerful indeed! And I must say, you have become the sweetheart of the big screen, do you get nervous sometimes, or is it a craft you have mastered flawlessly?

Meg Otanwa: There really isn’t much to be nervous about as the more you work in front of the camera, the less aware of it you become.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Hmm.. insightful.
So we have seen you interpret your roles so well, in many stories from independence day, Payday, Hush, and even more, which would you say, is the most challenging, yet?

Meg Otanwa: As an actor, there is no one role that you play that isn’t challenging for the mere fact that you are bringing to life a character different from you.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Hmm.. brilliant! Passion, fame or money?

Meg Otanwa: Passion.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Wow! Awesome!
So many people admire you and your craft, and aspire to become like Meg Otanwa. What would you say to them?

Meg Otanwa: Stay grounded, follow the process, work hard, and pray.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Awesome..
And what has been your experience since this Lockdown period?

Meg Otanwa: It’s been challenging to say the least. Ours is a very intimate industry so the idea of social distancing isn’t exactly applicable to actors. Which is why the Industry has come to a complete halt for now. Without being able to work, as a creative, I manage to channel my energy into other things like writing, reading, watching movies and staying positive.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Great!
And one more question that I had promised one of the young members of E PLUS The Storyteller Creative Writing Skills, Visual Arts, Blogging and Storytelling Platform. He  wants to know how you are able to cry so well while interpreting roles?
He equally like to know: Are they real tears?

Meg Otanwa: Acting is the art of embodying a character on plays, films of TV. This means you are able to do, and be whatever a human can do and be including crying, laughing etc. Once you train yourself to embody fully, and become a different character, everything else follows. Thank you.

E PLUS The Storyteller: Awesome..Meg Otanwa, it's  been such an inspiring and insightful time with you. E PLUS The Storyteller and the entire Creative Team wish you all the best in your endeavours.
How can you be reached?: 

Meg Otanwa: I’m on IG and Twitter
@Megotanwa/https://instagram.com/megotanwa?igshid=1lyrlflp6i6fz
Thank you.

There you have it, MEG OTANWA, A success story through resilience and persistence.
Hopefully,  you have been inspired by her story. And if you want to watch Meg Otanwa speak five different languages in 59 secs, click the link below to watch...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-rapaABXfC/?igshid=2rvvyh09gg2e


  Do you want to talk about anything?
Do you want us to meet you, and know more about your brand, goods and services on E PLUS The Storyteller exclusive online chat interview plattform?
For enquiries, call/WhatsApp message to 07081536821.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola