Welcome to the Ejiro Emenike Ukaumune's Blog(The EEU BLOG)...
The Blog unveils it's official 'Ambassador'....An On Air Personae, known as 'Miss Giving you what you need'...She has really come of age in the Journalism industry. Let's get up close and personal with...Gloria Maduka of Cool Fm and Cool Tv.

...…..................,...........................................................................................................................................

EEU BLOG: Nice to have you on The EEU Blog, Gloria Maduka...
  
Gloria: Thanks for having me on your blog. Very honored. 

EEU BLOG: I'm even more delighted .By now your face surely is quite known to so many... Some call you' The most commendable voice on air', some also call you' The most articulate voice on air' while I would personally describe you as 'The Opera Winfrey of our times'..Do you feel any different?
 
Gloria: Wow. They say all that? (laughs). Part of my flaws, so to speak, is that I tend to underestimate myself. I find it hard to get carried away by accolades and recognition because I have so much I'd like to achieve. I am very thankful for the appreciation nonetheless.
 
EEU BLOG: And what has your personal journey been like thus far?
 
Gloria: My personal journey has been quite challenging, but in a good way. I have endured a few obstacles, but ultimately, God has favored me immensely.
 
EEU BLOG: Awesome!
Apparently, journalism is quite a challenging and demanding industry in virtually every part of the world(just like most industries) but what would you say really makes you thick as far as professionalism is concerned.
 
Gloria: Oh yeah this industry is quite saturated. Fortunately, I have a background in the corporate world, so I was trained to be highly professional. I also believe in always adding value. I don't want to do my job just for a paycheck or just to do  anything, but to add value. Standing out positively in anything I do has always been my goal.
 
EEU BLOG: Hmmm..Remarkable I must say......And would you agree to the notion that the 'Battle of the sexes' is very pronounced in the industry?
 
Gloria: How do you mean? That males are more favored?
 
EEU BLOG: Well, there is this notion that the men basically emphasize their presence and want to 'Lord' it over their female counterparts....More like presenting themselves as 'better off' in the job..
 
Gloria: Well, there's that concern that a woman in media rarely gets an Emcee job without a man being hired to co-host. That's about the only one I've paid attention to. Oh well. Doesn't change my focus though.
 
EEU BLOG: Right...
Okay, Can we really get to know some of your work etiquettes, if any? Gloria: Preparation! If I'm not prepared, my confidence and delivery may be shaken.
 
EEU BLOG: Okay, that means for you..the 'Crash Program' indulgence is not necessarily an option...
 
Gloria: Not necessarily. If you are continually prepared, there wouldn't be any need for that.
 
EEU BLOG: You've been such a delightful presenter  both on  Radio and T.V, what's your greatest source of inspiration...
 
Gloria: Hmmm. I'd have to thank my mom for suggesting I pursue media when I moved back home three years ago. God has also been very good. I was always glued to the likes of Oprah Winfrey and Wendy Williams, not knowing He was preparing me for my media journey.
 
EEU BLOG: Aha! Most likely..
I guess it rubbed on after all....Well, there is also the music part of you which many of us have also come to reckon with and I must say, you have a good voice..
Can you let us in on what's been 'cooking' ?😄
 
Gloria: Ah thanks for recognizing I sing. Music is actually my first love, but sadly he's been suffering cos I've had to focus a lot of attention on bettering myself in media. Once I'm where I feel confident enough to balance both, I will return to the studio.
 
EEU BLOG: What's your view on The Reading Culture of People, particularly Nigerians?
 
Gloria: Oh we do quite well in that regard. I do hope those of us who are enlightened enough can reach out to the less privileged, however, since this will improve our nation overall.
 
EEU BLOG: Yes, I believe that too...Please any word of advice to the readers who are aspiring just like you?
 
Gloria: Don't you dare stop! I had big struggles when I started media, but I kept going. Stay diligent and focused in anything you want to achieve and you will surely get there.
 
EEU BLOG: Hmmm..Great inspirational advise, I must say.
 
Gloria Maduka, Ejiro Emenike Ukaumune Blog is exceptionally proud of you and all that you represent.
The entire team believes in you and your dreams and know that the sky is only your starting point, we know it can only get better for you.
Thanks for Your time and utmost attention. God bless.
Gloria: Amen. God bless you too and thanks for having me.
EEU BLOG: You're welcome..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREEN LAND. Written by E PLUS The Storyteller.

The Wailing Creatures Written by Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola

That’s NOT my father! Sumayyah Oluwafunbi Ogunsola